Iowa St. vs Baylor GA tickets $65/pair

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I have little problem with what he is doing, but it is laughable to think there is a service provided here.

Lets pretend for a moment that the word 'service' was used in a very general way to provide a compelling argument against emotional thought on a message board. Maybe you could have thought up a better word for it. I always saw you as a big-picture kind of person, swarthmore.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Lots of pots meeting kettles here.

We want ISU to be recognized nationally and to sell out games, but then get our panties in a bunch when someone tries to make a buck off it.

We can't have it both ways folks.

Last edited:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Lets pretend for a moment that the word 'service' was used in a very general way to provide a compelling argument against emotional thought on a message board.

If they sell, then clearly utility has been added. Someone, somewhere was willing to pay 65 dollars for these tickets, but otherwise would have had to compete with all the people only willing to pay 30. As Incyte brought up, soon the AD will be the one providing that service and reaping the benefit. Obviously some grey area, but that service provided should be differentiated from the service of the guy immediately in-front of you in line (and no desire to go to the game) getting the last tickets, and promptly turning around and selling them to you for twice the paid value.

I like to think many the scalpers for these types of games is secretly the AD doing price discrimination.

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
You can argue whatever about how the guy has a right to price gouge other ISU fans and whatever but it doesn't change the fact that it makes the guy a huge d**k.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
How do all you know he isn't goin? Maybe he bought four tickets and is going and wanted to make a profit off the other 2. Smart move.

I did it with Iowa ticket a couple years ago. Had season tickets bought one from some dumb freshman girl and made easy cash.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Lots of pots meeting kettles here.

We want ISU to be recognized nationally and to sell out games, but then get our panties in a bunch when someone tries to make a buck off it.

We can't have it both ways folks.

Yes, but it there is a difference between making a buck, and making people sell their souls for these tickets. (which he bought today or yesterday simply to turn around and make a buck off of us)

If he was just buying so he could scalp at the game that is one thing. But coming on this message board and trying to gouge us Cyclone fans that want to cheer and win that is another. He took these away from someone that may have wanted to go but he is now going to make them pay for it.

I hope he needs money badly for some reason or he is just very sleezy.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
How do all you know he isn't goin? Maybe he bought four tickets and is going and wanted to make a profit off the other 2. Smart move.

I did it with Iowa ticket a couple years ago. Had season tickets bought one from some dumb freshman girl and made easy cash.

Because just the other day he posted a thread on here trying to sell upper level center court tickets for $195 a piece...

He had other tickets and wants to sell them. If he wanted to "just go" he wouldn't be having to sell GA tickets that just went on sale yesterday?!?!

cyclonejd

Jul 26, 2006
Ankeny
Wow, so many people interested in my tickets. For those of you that want to consider me a D.B. with out knowing the story I'm sorry about that. But after being called out I guess I will share the back story and let you be the judge.

I promised my 17 year old Nephew from NW Iowa I would take him to this game. I want to get in the door and take him as I have not missed a home game this year. I work in sales and have had a slow Jan & Feb (March is looking good) and could use a couple of extra tanks of gas considering it's $70.00 to fill up.

When I noticed a huge demand for tickets I figured I could snatch up a couple of SRO seats and attempt to sell my season tickets for a profit. They were not selling for what I had first hoped so I figured I would put these up and make a whopping $25 to take my nephew out for dinner in Ames before the game. Which ever pair sold first was fine by me. Worst case I sell them at the door for what I paid.

Long story short, my season tickets sold for $250.00. I have extra cash in my pocket and still get to take my nephew to the game. Also have exta funds for my young family. The buyers were very excited to get good seats at the last min. I think everyone wins.

Let the judging begin.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Wow, so many people interested in my tickets. For those of you that want to consider me a D.B. with out knowing the story I'm sorry about that. But after being called out I guess I will share the back story and let you be the judge.

I promised my 17 year old Nephew from NW Iowa I would take him to this game. I want to get in the door and take him as I have not missed a home game this year. I work in sales and have had a slow Jan & Feb (March is looking good) and could use a couple of extra tanks of gas considering it's $70.00 to fill up.

When I noticed a huge demand for tickets I figured I could snatch up a couple of SRO seats and attempt to sell my season tickets for a profit. They were not selling for what I had first hoped so I figured I would put these up and make a whopping $25 to take my nephew out for dinner in Ames before the game. Which ever pair sold first was fine by me. Worst case I sell them at the door for what I paid.

Long story short, my season tickets sold for $250.00. I have extra cash in my pocket and still get to take my nephew to the game. Also have exta funds for my young family. The buyers were very excited to get good seats at the last min. I think everyone wins.

Let the judging begin.

You are either full of **** or in pretty bad shape if reselling tickets is your way of supplementing your income. Either way, you've been judged.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Let the judging begin.
you_suck.gif

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Let the judging begin.

You saint you. You should adopt a starving child while you're getting your good deeds out of the way.