Iowa State vs. Bradley Thread

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We didn't have WJ....first road game for a bunch of freshmen...what did you all expect? settle down and enjoy the fact that we get to watch ISU basketball!

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I know they are young, Wes was hurt, Jiri is not 100%, etc., but I am very disappointed.

We should have won this game.

Last edited:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I like where we are headed, but as a fan, I hate to see us lose. I still would like to see us pull an NIT bid out at least this year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
These first three games looks like a rerun of last season.

Rashon Clark faded in the end after hanging in there - maybe his knee hurt him.

Our guards failed in the end.

The game was winnable but it was not going to happen.

Alex did not help much.

Jiri could have done much better.

Nine point loss was not bad considering.

Yet same old story - very good defense, lousy offense. We still need perimeter shooters to be better.

I suppose Jiri will start playing like last year when the Big 12 starts.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Don't worry, we'll pull out a couple of winners. Remember the Kansas game at Hilton last year? We win that game, this year.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
We are a bad basketball team right now, especially without Wes. Disappointing game out of the frontcourt, and Bradley still owns McDermott. But, I tend to get yelled at when I say I don't like the guy.

cyinthesky

Dec 12, 2006
We are a bad basketball team right now, especially without Wes. Disappointing game out of the frontcourt, and Bradley still owns McDermott. But, I tend to get yelled at when I say I don't like the guy.

...you're not alone:daydreaming:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We didn't have WJ....first road game for a bunch of freshmen...what did you all expect? settle down and enjoy the fact that we get to watch ISU basketball!

Enjoy watching games we could have won but didn't? It's tough.

I was happy the way some of the new guys handled playing on the road. Offensive rebounds given up and turnovers just killed us.

tufnel

Oct 22, 2006
Seriously guys, to build this thing correctly, this is gonna take a few years...as someone said - similar to football. I don't want to see a bunch of questionable JC's or 1 & done guys to get back. Mac's getting guys that fit his style and will grow into his system. We're getting there and 3years......we'll have all the pieces to his puzzle and then its just a matter of filling the gaps with recruiting. That's what PROGRAMS do....but it takes time. This is one game..theres many to come and we'll get better each game and border on damn good by the end of the year. This was a decent team we lost to tonight.

I'm stoked about the future!!!

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I feel like this team is a bit weaker than last year's team. I can't believe we can't make a simple inbounds pass without it being turned over. Same goes for the ball handling... stealing the ball from us like taking candy from a baby. Bradley is a great team, but so are a lot of the other teams we're going to see in the Big XII.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Diante wasn't able to razzle dazzle our offense because of Bradley's impressive defensive pressure, that hurt. He still played very good and I am excited to let him play more... he should start over Haluska!!

Haluska... the next Brock? Lights out in practice/exhibition, stone cold in games.

Rahshon, good game, hit some good shots. Hope he can get to 100% with his knee soon.

Jiri... you need to man up and get physical! It seems like his injury is still hindering him as well.

Brackins... we need to be able to get him looks down low... and from mid-range. He'll hit them.

Peterson... hit some nice threes. Played decent, also noticed that he stops his dribble at the wrong times.

Vette had some quality minutes, I hope he can continue to improve.

We really needed WJ for some offense in this game. Our defense played well, and Bradley had to hit a lot of tough shots. And they did that often. We need to improve our defense against the penetration. It was wide open way too often. We also need to get Brackins and Jiri down low more often instead of around the 3 pt line. Key to our offense... penetration! Our only threat is Diante.

Good experience for our players. I also think we'll still be a decent team this year.

Also.... we need to work on rebounding!!!!!! That killed us tonight. Couldn't get the ball.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Seriously guys, to build this thing correctly, this is gonna take a few years...as someone said - similar to football. I don't want to see a bunch of questionable JC's or 1 & done guys to get back. Mac's getting guys that fit his style and will grow into his system. We're getting there and 3years......we'll have all the pieces to his puzzle and then its just a matter of filling the gaps with recruiting. That's what PROGRAMS do....but it takes time. This is one game..theres many to come and we'll get better each game and border on damn good by the end of the year. This was a decent team we lost to tonight.

I'm stoked about the future!!!

It's probably just me, but I don't ever see McDermott winning a Big 12 Championship here. I think he can get us to the NCAA's, I just think his ceiling is lower than other people think it is.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We do not have too long. KState will be a powerhouse along with Kansas. And Nebraska will be much better. Mssouri seems not to have retrogressed. No choice but to pick up speed and get better or get left behind. I get the feeling that the rebounding was atrocious for us when we could have controlled the boards. We missed Lucca and Wesley. And Sean haluska looks like the new Brock. We could have used Stinnett tonight.

Maybe we need to change the offense.... we need to score more to be competitive. Rashn was 5 for 5 at one time. Give hm more shots. Better him shopoting than others flinging bricks.

Looks like we missed Mike taylor tonight. Just thought the guards would have performed better. They wilted under pressure.

Last edited:

tufnel

Oct 22, 2006
It's probably just me, but I don't ever see McDermott winning a Big 12 Championship here. I think he can get us to the NCAA's, I just think his ceiling is lower than other people think it is.

Really? Or are you just pissed off we lost on the road to pretty good team with our inexperienced guard court. It will get better. A great experience to have this game w/o our best player on the court. Diante will impress very soon.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA

I don't know man...Think of Garrett as a junior and having an experienced Staiger, WJohnson and Brackins. That would be a pretty good team. Too bad you can never count on people being around anymore.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines

I'm sorry, but I'll be the first one to disagree with you here. So he has one loss this year already? That's nothing. Granted that this year looks a little weaker than last, but that is partially plagued with injury, ineligibility, and inexperience (the three big I's). With the way recruiting is going, though, the future seems bright.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't think Bradley is as good as people think. I hope I am proved wrong, but we basically lost a very winnable game. Will we win that game in a year or two? Probably, but it just hurts to lose.

Edit: Actually I think we win this game in a few months, but I hope we can get through the NC without too many losses.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Really? Or are you just pissed off we lost on the road to pretty good team with our inexperienced guard court. It will get better. A great experience to have this game w/o our best player on the court. Diante will impress very soon.

On the contrary, I think it's pretty well established that I'm not a McDermott fan.

I do love Diante. Now if he could just shoot.

Help Support Us

Become a patron