Iowa's football schedule

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
The kid that transferred in from Wisconsin is the # 2 QB. Dude that started the bowl game is now the # 3 guy. I suppose Spence would be #4 or would they just throw the punter back there?
What's the scouting report on him? He's a husky guy is he another statue in the pocket?

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
He has a role like zeb Noland did for South Carolina. It's terrifying because Noland did end up playing that year. If Cade went down I'd hope Ferentz wouldn't be tempted but it's a possibility
No way in hell. For one, he would not even be healthy until November. And secondly, there are 3 guys ahead of him now. And lastly, Kinnick would burn if Spence came back in late season.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
He has a role like zeb Noland did for South Carolina. It's terrifying because Noland did end up playing that year. If Cade went down I'd hope Ferentz wouldn't be tempted but it's a possibility
Oh, he’s going down. September 9. Count on it.

• Haha
Reactions: yowza

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Yep, expecting Utah St. to be sold out too. That leaves Rutgers and Illinois late in the year. I think those games will depend on how Iowa is doing if they sell out or not. Pretty good for a horrible home schedule.
They sell overpriced beer at that old dump.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
No way in hell. For one, he would not even be healthy until November. And secondly, there are 3 guys ahead of him now. And lastly, Kinnick would burn if Spence came back in late season.
I forget all about his shoulder/arm. I wouldn't put other two reasons out of realm of possibility if healthy

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Should be a terrible game with a ton of punts hope everyone stays healthy on both sides though
I am guessing Iowa will be a 6 point favorite when a line is established. Likely up from that if suspensions are in place for that one.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I am guessing Iowa will be a 6 point favorite when a line is established. Likely up from that if suspensions are in place for that one.
Seeks like Iowa State's players involved are well known but after shannon news I'm not sure how big it'll be for Iowa. I think it'll be a 1 score game either way. It usually is and it's usually ugly as hell

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Seeks like Iowa State's players involved are well known but after shannon news I'm not sure how big it'll be for Iowa. I think it'll be a 1 score game either way. It usually is and it's usually ugly as hell

2 ultra conservative head coaches... what can we all expect? Probably will be like watching paint dry... like usual.

• Agree
Reactions: 1776 and GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
2 ultra conservative head coaches... what can we all expect? Probably will be like watching paint dry... like usual.
Game will be decided by who makes less big mistakes like normal. 20 points is usually a guarantee to be enough. Not sure how either team can be confident watching these 2 Play each other every year. At least in basketball it's typically the home team imposing it's will but in football it's going to typically come down to final quarter

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Iowa's schedule is embarrassing. I truly hope the cost of a ticket to get into Kinnick is no higher than $5. The competition coming in there does not warrant anything more than that.

I would say that ISU will have as many home sellouts this year as EIU does. With a home schedule with the likes of Utah St., W. Michigan, Michigan St., Purdue, Minnesota, Rutgers and Illinois, tickets are going to be easy to come by in Iowa City.

Lasy year EIU had a great home schedule, ISU at home, along with Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan, none of those games are in Iowa City this season. Going to be plenty of tickets in IC for games this year.

Funny, I just looked, and one of the 3 game ticket pack is sold out, but still can purchase tickets in the other, and when I plugged in wanting 4 best available, found seats in section 126. This idea that EIU fans are purchasing tickets no matter what is another EIU legend, along with ISU makes more money from the series than EIU, that ISU needs this game or the athletic department would be in the red and the rest of urban legends, spouted on a daily basis on the EIU fans boards.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Seems reasonable to me. Iowa should have a solid team again this year. They also have an easier than most schedule. I have Iowa at 9-3 with a shot at the West.
I’m between 9-3 and 10-2. They always have at least one clunker. It’s hard to know what Wisconsin and Nebraska will be this year by the time Iowa plays them.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
If ANY game on Iowa's home schedule (2023) sells out.... that is proof of how dumb the fans are to watch that low quality product.
I feel bad for the season ticket holders having to pay to watch those bad opponents trot in. I know it's not their fault that the competition in the West is consistently bad, but for the good of the sport, give the Iowa fans someone decent to watch in Kinnick more often. If ISU is the best competition they have at home most years, that is truly saying something.
ISU has not ever been the best competition at home lol

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I actually think there’s 4. Lainez will be ahead of him before he’s healthy.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A lot better than running to the parking lot at halftime and missing half of the third quarter!
Timing wise it’s probably the same as I missed an entire series in Kinnick trying to get beer at half lol but your point remains. We need to sell beer soon

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
From what others are saying, the Hawkeye offense may be a bit better than last year and their defense may be a bit less than last year. And if you take ISU with all their starters available, I would put the ISU/Iowa game as about our 7th hardest game this year. If we are missing who we think we will, then Iowa becomes about our 3rd hardest game. UNI might be our 4th hardest then.

As for Iowa's schedule, it is viewed as one of the top 10 easiest. Even so, if we have our starters, we are maybe about their 4th or 5th hardest game. Without our starters, we drop to about 6 or 7. So, it's going to likely take a really big surprise performance by people like Rocco, Cartevious, Dominique for this season to have any hope. At least for now we can hope.

I don't know why people thought attendance would be down for Iowa home games. Fans love football. If we are missing 5 starters for 2 or 3 home games, are ISU fans going to stay home?

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1776 and Statefan10

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa has a truly awful home schedule this year.... not sure why anyone would waste their money on season tickets?

If they lose a couple games early on that they aren't supposed to.... Kinnick will be half full for most of these awful games on their home schedule.

Help Support Us

Become a patron