Iron Fist - Netflix

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
For me, I liked, but didn't love Season 2 as much as many others, mainly still because of Finn Jones as Iron Fist. However, there was enough intriguing things outside of Danny Rand to make me want to see a Season 3. Plus, if we just saw the last season, I wish they could have known that and rounded out his story line for some better "we're finished" satisfaction.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
That was a 1-season deal. Netflix has said they will not be making a second season of Defenders.

Netflix hasn't technically said anything, they just weren't listed on the upcoming and ongoing series. That doesn't mean they can't do it again down the road. Pretty much all the stars have been on record lately saying they would be up for another season. So, while I'd call it unlikely, it still isn't out of the question.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Netflix hasn't technically said anything, they just weren't listed on the upcoming and ongoing series. That doesn't mean they can't do it again down the road. Pretty much all the stars have been on record lately saying they would be up for another season. So, while I'd call it unlikely, it still isn't out of the question.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09/17/marvel-defenders-canceled-netflix-season-2/

Netflix changed the name of their "Defenders" facebook page to "NX" back in September, which seemed to signal they were done with that property.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09/17/marvel-defenders-canceled-netflix-season-2/

Netflix changed the name of their "Defenders" facebook page to "NX" back in September, which seemed to signal they were done with that property.

Yeah, saw that. Again, that is one of the signals out there, but still technically nothing definitive. Until they go on record saying it is canceled like they did with Iron Fist, I think all this just means they have nothing on the docket right now.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
And they just canned Luke Cage... on the day Daredevil dropped.

Down to Daredevil and Jessica Jones on netflix. Have to think those won't be long for netflix at least, gonna be interesting to see what if anything moves to disney's service

• Dislike
Reactions: 3GenClone

ChE2010

Mar 3, 2013
And they just canned Luke Cage... on the day Daredevil dropped.

Down to Daredevil and Jessica Jones on netflix. Have to think those won't be long for netflix at least, gonna be interesting to see what if anything moves to disney's service

And Punisher is still left

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
And Punisher is still left

I'd forgotten about it.

Given there's talk of the other shows possibly ending up on Disney, and given there's been no announced date for Punisher, wonder what the chances are Punisher never makes it back to Netflix

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'd forgotten about it.

Given there's talk of the other shows possibly ending up on Disney, and given there's been no announced date for Punisher, wonder what the chances are Punisher never makes it back to Netflix
I loved the first season so I hope we get more

ChE2010

Mar 3, 2013
I'd forgotten about it.

Definitely possible it ends up on the Disney service. I get the feeling that Disney may try to strong arm Netflix on those shows and they will end up on the Disney service or just be done on Netflix and Disney moves onto other things.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I have a feeling that this may be the beginning of the end of Netflix. Canceling Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and they also announced the final season of Orange Is The New Black, which is one of their most popular series, and all that happened within the past two weeks. I also tend to think that DareDevil is winding down soon (although I haven’t started Season 3 yet) and while Jessica Jones started strong, I thought Season 2 was very lackluster. I wouldn’t be surprised if Netflix pulled the plug on all the Marvel series and also end The Punisher after Season 2.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I have a feeling that this may be the beginning of the end of Netflix. Canceling Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and they also announced the final season of Orange Is The New Black, which is one of their most popular series, and all that happened within the past two weeks. I also tend to think that DareDevil is winding down soon (although I haven’t started Season 3 yet) and while Jessica Jones started strong, I thought Season 2 was very lackluster. I wouldn’t be surprised if Netflix pulled the plug on all the Marvel series and also end The Punisher after Season 2.

Its not necessarily 'the end' of netflix, but its the end of an era.

A lot of their early stuff was bought through other studios (such as marvel, or Lionsgate for OITNB) that now want their own platform (or the company that owns them does). Netflix has been moving more towards producing content it fully owns, which may still produce some good content, but it'll be a shift.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
All of these Marvel shows currently on Netflix will eventually end up on the forthcoming Disney streaming service. This is just the beginning of it.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Its not necessarily 'the end' of netflix, but its the end of an era.

A lot of their early stuff was bought through other studios (such as marvel, or Lionsgate for OITNB) that now want their own platform (or the company that owns them does). Netflix has been moving more towards producing content it fully owns, which may still produce some good content, but it'll be a shift.
Netflix originals can be pretty hit and miss.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines

The end of Marvel on Netflix you mean? It definitely isn't the end of Netflix in general. They still have a million shows and movies and for $10/month it's a great value.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I will say that I will be supremely disappointed if we don't get Punisher season 2 and Daredevil season 4.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The end of Marvel on Netflix you mean? It definitely isn't the end of Netflix in general. They still have a million shows and movies and for $10/month it's a great value.
I want to see what Netflix has up their sleeves to fill in these programming gaps. Yes, they have a bunch of original shows and movies in development, but their film library is going to take a massive hit next year when all the Disney properties (MCU, Star Wars, Pixar, etc) are removed. Add in the fact that they are losing popular series like Orange is the New Black and Stranger Things (ST Show creators wanted Season 3 to be final season, but have agreed for a 4th) and they are struggling to keep some of their lower-cost series in development (have already canceled Michelle Wolff and Joel McHales talk shows).

Believe me, I love Netflix and my family finds great value in it, but all of these recent developments are making me think that 2019 may be the first time that I question the value of this service.