ISR Bowl talk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hope you're enjoying your bowl trip despite the results of the game. I learned a long time ago to not let the performance of the Hawks in whatever bowl they're playing in impact my enjoyment of a bowl trip.

I got home this afternoon. Really fun trip. Didn't see any of the Iowa game but congrats on the W

Reactions: dexterhawk

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I got home this afternoon. Really fun trip. Didn't see any of the Iowa game but congrats on the W
Ill sum it up for you.
source.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Yeah, I had a great time at the Rose Bowl (obviously minus the game). I have always said that a bowl game win is like icing on the cake, and a bowl loss is meh. I mean they are such weird games, with huge amounts of time between the last game and them, travel, distractions, etc. I did criticize CMC for not getting his player ready to play, but that is because he seemed to have that issue all year long.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'll save 3 hours of my time and avoid watching a Pac 12 team

True, it is just like the Big12 really. No tackling, no defense, just try to outscore everyone. Both leagues only have two 10+ win teams that aren't even playoff worthy, and nobody else that is even a top 20 quality team. You watch that every week during conference play, no need for more of it during bowl season

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
True, it is just like the Big12 really. No tackling, no defense, just try to outscore everyone. Both leagues only have two 10+ win teams that aren't even playoff worthy, and nobody else that is even a top 20 quality team. You watch that every week during conference play, no need for more of it during bowl season

Like I said I didn't see any of the game so I'm not sure what to tell you. Heard Slovis went out with an injury to pretty predictable they would lose big. I'm surprised the score wasn't more lopsided with him out to be honest

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
tenor.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Like I said I didn't see any of the game so I'm not sure what to tell you. Heard Slovis went out with an injury to pretty predictable they would lose big. I'm surprised the score wasn't more lopsided with him out to be honest

When Slovis went down USC was behind 28-24 even though they had 2 extra possessions (Second half possession, plus an onside kick recovery). USC wasn't winning that game with Slovis. Plus the backup Fink led them to their best win of the season over your Utah team, when he went off for 351 yards and 3 TD's.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
When Slovis went down USC was behind 28-24 even though they had 2 extra possessions (Second half possession, plus an onside kick recovery). USC wasn't winning that game with Slovis. Plus the backup Fink led them to their best win of the season over your Utah team, when he went off for 351 yards and 3 TD's.

Even I have to call BS on this one. The game was very close until Slovis went down. Epenesa knocking him out of the game was the biggest play of the game. I hope Slovis is OK, because he has a very bright future. Throws a hell of a deep ball.

If Slovis wouldn't have went down, I still think Iowa would have won, but I feel the score would have been 38-34 or something like that.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Even I have to call BS on this one. The game was very close until Slovis went down. Epenesa knocking him out of the game was the biggest play of the game. I hope Slovis is OK, because he has a very bright future. Throws a hell of a deep ball.

If Slovis wouldn't have went down, I still think Iowa would have won, but I feel the score would have been 38-34 or something like that.

Thanks for the info

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Sure I get it, nothing is 100%, but I think Slovis was already concussed, before he got injured. His head hitting that turf was vicious, and he already had a concussion earlier in the year. They didn't pull him, but no way he wasn't concussed when you saw the way he reacted to that.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Sure I get it, nothing is 100%, but I think Slovis was already concussed, before he got injured. His head hitting that turf was vicious, and he already had a concussion earlier in the year. They didn't pull him, but no way he wasn't concussed when you saw the way he reacted to that.

I agree, I think he was concussed too. Plus, Iowa overcame the refs for another victory. They were screwed on a lot of calls.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Wait he had a concussion earlier and it was still a 4 point game when he went out?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Wait he had a concussion earlier and it was still a 4 point game when he went out?

He got concussed in essence on the play that got the score to 28-24. Even with a fully healthy Slovis, and having 2 more possession than Iowa, they were losing. He got injured the very next possession, maybe even because he was concussed.

Help Support Us

Become a patron