ISR Bowl talk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But the refs were. Iowa had to beat USC and the refs in this one.
Refereeing has been atrocious this year. I've watched almost every bowl game so far and it's been all over the place. The Clemson-OSU game was unreal in how they called back that fumble.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Refereeing has been atrocious this year. I've watched almost every bowl game so far and it's been all over the place. The Clemson-OSU game was unreal in how they called back that fumble.
The game referee articulated the reasoning pretty well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
But the refs were. Iowa had to beat USC and the refs in this one.
Thread is locked but you've posted these exact words:
So tired of every fanbase, players and teams crying about officiating. Yes it is bad, and it always will be.

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Even I have to call BS on this one. The game was very close until Slovis went down. Epenesa knocking him out of the game was the biggest play of the game. I hope Slovis is OK, because he has a very bright future. Throws a hell of a deep ball.

If Slovis wouldn't have went down, I still think Iowa would have won, but I feel the score would have been 38-34 or something like that.
Slovis was on fire until he got hurt. 260 yards and 2 TDs in only one half and basically 1 drive is no easy feat. He looks like he'll be a great player someday soon.

• Agree

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yep, that deep ball to begin the second half was a thing of beauty. Split a double team and dropped the ball in a bucket.
Slovis and St. Brown straight-up carried the entire team, it was actually insane. Fink wasn't even remotely close to the same production level at all, it totally killed the team.

USC defense was absolutely horrendous, although they weren't helped by the 3 offensive turnovers.

• Informative
Reactions: cyrulean

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Yep, that deep ball to begin the second half was a thing of beauty. Split a double team and dropped the ball in a bucket.

Best throw vs Iowa I have seen all year. Add in the shot he took while throwing it, and I was just floored by how great a play that was by him.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Can't argue with that, it shouldn't be this hard.

They need to develop objective criteria. Let’s just say two points of contact with the ground. Just as an example. One foot inbounds but then you have to get the second foot down, in or out of bounds, before you lose the ball. Or a foot and a hand before you lose the ball. Just make it absolute. Maybe three touches to the ground.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
They need to develop objective criteria. Let’s just say two points of contact with the ground. Just as an example. One foot inbounds but then you have to get the second foot down, in or out of bounds, before you lose the ball. Or a foot and a hand before you lose the ball. Just make it absolute. Maybe three touches to the ground.

The Ragaini catch against Nebraska made zero sense. He took three steps, hit the ground and did a full barrel roll with full control of the ball.

• Agree

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Can't argue with that, it shouldn't be this hard.

Did you see what they just called a catch in the Cal vs Illinois game? Called it a catch and he took 2 fewer steps than the Clemson WR did before he fumbled. Can't make this stuff up, it is so inconsistent and bad.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Did you see what they just called a catch in the Cal vs Illinois game? Called it a catch and he took 2 fewer steps than the Clemson WR did before he fumbled. Can't make this stuff up, it is so inconsistent and bad.

Crazy, good think Iowa was able to overcome some awful officiating this year and get to 10 wins.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I did, I am an Illinois fan so I am watching. It was laughable.