ISU Gambling Megathread

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
While I see your point on NFL gambling, he was suspended for a year(by the NFL) because of actions he did at ISU, not after he joined the NFL!
He was suspended for betting in an NFL facility during the 2022 season while on the Bronco roster. The Broncos were following strict rules set by the NFL, it had nothing to do with the NCAA or Iowa DCI rules.

Reactions: werdnamanhill

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
So the DCI has dismissed criminal cases against the following ISU athletes:

PANIRO JOHNSON
JIREHL BROCK
ISAIAH LEE
EYIOMA UWAZURIKE

My apologies if this has already been answered, but why haven't the criminal cases been dismissed against all the other athletes who were charged, including Hunter Dekkers?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha

PANIRO JOHNSON
JIREHL BROCK
ISAIAH LEE
EYIOMA UWAZURIKE

My apologies if this has already been answered, but why haven't the criminal cases been dismissed against all the other athletes who were charged, including Hunter Dekkers?
Well, to be blunt, the others didn't have attorneys who actually worked their case.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018

PANIRO JOHNSON
JIREHL BROCK
ISAIAH LEE
EYIOMA UWAZURIKE

Well several of them already pled guilty to underage gambling, basically the same as underage drinking. Probably got off cheaper than paying the lawyers that fought it. I wonder if this means that the warrant for Osun gets recalled.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Watching a segment on ESPN about sports betting. The kid was a walk on , started betting with a bookie. By the time he was finished with his college career at his school he was placing bets for other bball players on his team and football players. He was at a D1 college. He knew he was breaking the law but he said college athletes that want to bet can find a way to bet.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I probably know the answer, but could someone like Jirehl Brock come back and play for ISU?

Or any of those involved for that matter?

I just know with Norton & Sanders gone...having Brock as an option in the backfield to spell Sama sure would help.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Channel 13 had a segment about what the $122B gambling is doing to players. Haliburton talked about the crap he gets sent to him on social media. You were supposed to get a certain number of points, or so many assists and didn’t. So I lost $. So are not a good player. You shouldn’t be able to play. Another guy who I didn’t know said the same thing. Sounds like people who never had a ball in their hands, ******** about superstars.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Channel 13 had a segment about what the $122B gambling is doing to players. Haliburton talked about the crap he gets sent to him on social media. You were supposed to get a certain number of points, or so many assists and didn’t. So I lost $. So are not a good player. You shouldn’t be able to play. Another guy who I didn’t know said the same thing. Sounds like people who never had a ball in their hands, ******** about superstars.

Had a guy behind us at the Thursday session in Omaha who bet Lipsey over 11 points. I know he made this bet because it was ALL he talked about for the entire game. Morally, I’m in favor of legalized sports gambling, but I often find myself missing the simpler times, when a man’s bet was between him, his bookie, and not me.

Mar 21, 2021
I see Dekkers is still on the roster at this late date. Could he potentially be eligible to play again for ISU?

• Wow
Reactions: aauummm

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I am worried that someone will take it to the next level and a player will get hurt.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
He, just like Caitlin Clark, is done with collegiate athletics. Let's all just move on.
I’d suggest you do the same in regards to Caitlin Clark. Literally no reason for her to be brought up in another thread that has nothing to do with her.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron