ISU-Oklahoma in game thread

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
So, I hate the phrase "moral victory." But given what we've seen today, I feel comfortable calling this game a moral victory. Coming back from a brutal beating last week to hang w/a top five team is admirable. All I wanted to see out of this team is good effort week in and week out this year. I think we've seen a hell of an effort today.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ugh, I'm just sick about this game. We really could have had it.

I'm not sick about the game - that was last week.

There are certain THINGS about this game that makes me sick, but overall I thought we played well against a team that wanted to embarrass us.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Well, that's it. Still good effort. I'm upset about the loss, but feel good about the level of play. Feel even better about the fact that the team hasn't given up on the season yet. Who's excited for the Missouri "Tough as Rain" Tigers next week?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm excited for the next couple of years - when we're that undersized and under-talented, and we hang w/ Oklahoma all day, I think it shows signs for our future when we get more size and talent in here.

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA
Well, that's it. Still good effort. I'm upset about the loss, but feel good about the level of play. Feel even better about the fact that the team hasn't given up on the season yet. Who's excited for the Missouri "Tough as Rain" Tigers next week?

I feel great about the Defense. The Special Teams have been Special Ed. The Offensive play calling is formation specific and predictable, and btw does not work.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I HATE this....three blown scoring opportunities. We could have shocked the world. And yet I'm totally encouraged by this. We WILL be a force to be reckoned with! No doubt, Chizik will take us to the promise land!

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
I feel great about the Defense. The Special Teams have been Special Ed. The Offensive play calling is formation specific and predictable, and btw does not work.

No doubt. Defense looked great against a team that was curbstomping opponents all year. As for the offense? Eh, what can you say? I'm kinda concerned about playcalling. I don't usually question it cause I'm not the OC and it's easy to judge when you're sitting on the sidelines, but the decision to keep running it up the middle was pretty sketchy.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
And we seemed too be able to throw the ball down the field fairly successfully....should have done it more often than the up the middle runs and quick passes to the receivers. O-line did a fairly good job of protecting Bret today....considering the Oklahoma D-line.

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA
No doubt. Defense looked great against a team that was curbstomping opponents all year. As for the offense? Eh, what can you say? I'm kinda concerned about playcalling. I don't usually question it cause I'm not the OC and it's easy to judge when you're sitting on the sidelines, but the decision to keep running it up the middle was pretty sketchy.

I got tired of the bubble screen and the fly sweep.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
The sad part is if OU played like this against any other team, they prolly would've lost. We just happen to be one of the worst programs, so OU lucked out today. We blew so many chances today it's ridiculous, I can't see why anyone would be happy about today's game. You know it's bad when you say "Wow, today was a great game, we only lost by 2 possessions instead of getting blown out".

(It's really hard to take this week after week, year after year!!)

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
The sad part is if OU played like this against any other team, they prolly would've lost. We just happen to be one of the worst programs, so OU lucked out today. We blew so many chances today it's ridiculous, I can't see why anyone would be happy about today's game. You know it's bad when you say "Wow, today was a great game, we only lost by 2 possessions instead of getting blown out".

Hater....

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA

And what? You would rather see what happened last week?