ISU Power Plant Fire?

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Pretty much every college campus has a district heating and cooling system like this. It’s much more common than one thinks.

Reactions: aauummm

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I completely understand the moving classes to online due to the heat. Most lecture halls, classrooms, labs and offices do not have windows. This isnt my point.
But encouraging all dorm students to go home for the weekend? If you all tip your ear up that sound you are hearing is the OLD RCA residents yelling "Toughen up you Fing Pansies!!"

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I completely understand the moving classes to online due to the heat. Most lecture halls, classrooms, labs and offices do not have windows. This isnt my point.
But encouraging all dorm students to go home for the weekend? If you all tip your ear up that sound you are hearing is the OLD RCA residents yelling "Toughen up you Fing Pansies!!"
Has to do with energy usage. They don't want people on campus using energy as this fix this.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
BWR Representing!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Serious question. Why don't they start classes a week later? Seems like they have started classes earlier and earlier over the years. You could save a week of air conditioning, and it can still be quite hot in late August.

I'm sure there are good reasons for this, but I can't recall what they are.

Am I remembering incorrectly that we started classes after Labor Day *late 70's/early 80's)?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
bro you been in college for like 16 years
giphy.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Serious question. Why don't they start classes a week later? Seems like they have started classes earlier and earlier over the years. You could save a week of air conditioning, and it can still be quite hot in late August.

Am I remembering incorrectly that we started classes after Labor Day *late 70's/early 80's)?
No, you are not remembering incorrectly.

Reactions: t-noah

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

We started the Monday before Labor Day. Then after the first week of classes we had a 3 day weekend.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I lived in old RCA my freshman year. Luckily my room was on the bottom floor so it wasn’t too bad early on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron