ISU to the Big East?

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
That would be one big conference, geographically. And basketball-y... Doesn't the big east already have 16 basketball teams? Adding 10 more would be insane!

That is what is throwing me off when thinking about the Big East, they have some people in the conference for just bball (notre dame, Marquette, Seton Hall). Hard to imagine bringing in other teams that have both.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That is what is throwing me off when thinking about the Big East, they have some people in the conference for just bball (notre dame, Marquette, Seton Hall). Hard to imagine bringing in other teams that have both.

The only thing that would make this plausible is if the "basketball onlies" were dropped

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
I always wondered on that sig pic of yours why are we a canary. I know Cy wasn't around until the 50's or maybe later but what is with the yellow bird?

i have no clue i found it on google images and thought it was interesting. It was drawn by an artist, they were used for post cards the artist was a Cornhusker Fan..... go figure

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'm in favor of joining the big east for football. However, i'm not sure how the scheduling will work for the other sports.

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
I could live with ISU in the Big East if this is the case. 12 team football league and a good basketball league with a ton of teams. Interesting.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I can confirm that Kansas, Kansas State, MO. and Iowa State are starting talks with The Big East.A 12 team FB Conf & a 20 BB cinf.

Wordmandc (Wordmandc) on Twitter

more twitter yippy

If this is the case, the Big East is expecting to lose one member in Basketball and Football. Currently eight schools play football and 16 in basketball. The common threads in this are Rutgers, Syracuse and Pitt since all have been talked about in threads as possible B10 expansion teams. The question is - who is leaving for the B10 if all of this is true.

Football - News - BIG EAST Conference Athletics

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Would it be possible to have a conference linked academically including those schools, and bumping the BB only schools to the non-con schedule (would suck for the BB only schools though) for the teams with both BB and FB?