ISU to the Big East?

Sandman

Oct 13, 2009
France
The Big East isn't getting out of this unscathed. All it takes is the ACC or SEC also deciding to expand and the Big East's best teams will be taken.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I'm guessing you do an east and west in basketball with 10 teams in each division, and then play x number of schools from the other side. I would not dig a 19 game conference schedule. Throw in the fact you have to play Iowa, Drake and UNI every year, and it leaves you with 7 other games. You would have to start the conference season in December like the B10.

This would hurt travel for the conference tourney in basketball - right now KC and OKC are pretty easy drives, if the conference tourney stays in NYC you have to fly, and it's expensive to stay. The Big East women play their tourney in Connecticut - even worse.

Last edited:

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
He apparently didn't know what a Sooner was either.

yeah no kidding he did one for the old SWC

team-pic.jpg
http://www.1560thegame.com/media/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/team-pic.jpg

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
If this was JP's secret plan, In the words of Paul Rhoads, I AM SO PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS OUR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!!! :notworthy:

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
no, back in the day OU was the indians or something similar, or at least that was their mascot for a time. It wasn't PC so back in the day they changed to the wagon.

According to their website they've been the Sooners since 1908 and the Boomers before that.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Let's see...

ISU
KU
K-State
Mizzou
Baylor
Louisville
Cincinnati
West Virginia
UConn
South Florida
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Rice
UTEP

They're a school short. IF this were to happen (and I'm doubting it), the football would be meh, but it would be the premiere basketball conference in all the land, both on the men's and women's side.
Depaul

Sandman

Oct 13, 2009
France
So it would still be a fantastic solution.

Logistically it would make things better, but it would probably result in a really weak conference if four or more of Cincinnati, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, Louisville, or West Virginia were taken. Some of those are only basketball schools, but this conference would be weak in football no matter what, so basketball would be all there is to hold onto. And let's not forget the Big 10 was hunting the Big East as well.

Though at this point I'd just be happy if ISU were to land in a conference without having to be demoted to a midmajor.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
It would be nice to land somewhere within driving distance of a few road football games..... that is pretty much all I care.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron