Well. Not much to say is there?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Okay, ISU sucks

That was brutal to listen to; glad I didn't have to see it in person. :sad:

Really don't know what else to say.

Apr 14, 2006
Time for big changes (of course I said that last week) no huddle offenses, trick plays, fake punts, anything to keep OK and the rest of the big 12 from putting up 50+ every game for the rest of the season. Without a doubt the worst Cyclone team in its history. The players are there, the coaches simply are doing worse than nothing.

Apr 14, 2006
Re: Okay, ISU sucks

I think that saying that they suck is putting it nicely. I will be here, taking this beating all season. Chizik needs to go. I'm sorry.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Is it the players? The coaches? A combination of both? Before the season I had expected 4, maybe 5 wins.:no:

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
What I want to know is...

Why...the...**** did we put Bret back in?????

I honestly thought we had a chance after Arnaud's first series.

Then I hear Bret's back in.

I turned it off.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Absolutely the worst game I've ever seen out of ISU. Not just losing, but getting DESTROYED by a D1-AA team. That's unacceptable. I think we actually saw regression from last week. Chizik better make some major changes before next week.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Is it the players? The coaches? A combination of both? Before the season I had expected 4, maybe 5 wins.:no:

Totally redefines my thinking for this season. My son (KC cop) just called to check on the game. I told him basically the same as you as far as expectations. Now I'm seriously afraid we'll go winless....:wideeyed:

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
It's looking like an 0-12 season. I didn't expect any more than 4 wins anyway, but this team doesn't even belong on the same field with the competition so far.

Apr 14, 2006
Even after last week I think that most of us were expecting a win. Seems to me that the problem is coaching. The coaches need to do something with what we have, this coach is doing nothing. Our defense is horrible and our offense is even worse. That's with Meyer and Blythe. Time to look for a coach that can win. I know that Chizik has been on a lot of winning teams, but his talent level was so high, my mom could have coached in those situations.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

Gotta say a combination of both. New system, wrong personnel, rookie coaches, etc. I think we have to get the young guys in and have a crappy, trial by fire type year to build for the future. Meyer has to hold a clipboard for Arnaud.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
IMO... I don't think it's the coaches (since they don't play) They put the players in position to "make" the plays. How many times did we get in the red-zone, and didn't score? ...might be enough said. However, I do believe it is a combo of both.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
We're learning. We found out that punt returner with fumblitis can turn the game.
Now if we can learn that we do not have field goal kicker who can hit from 40+, we're making progress.
I was glad to see AA get into the game. It's too bad Brett has the tendency to turn the ball over. The kid has talent but just makes the big mistakes. Reminds me of watching the Vikes and Dante.

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
And my last thought before I TRY to sleep.

We won't be seeing Sandvig return any more punts.

Hopefully.

And we should sit Bret for the first quarter of the Iowa game. Then once he starts looking like he wants to come in and take over this team, you take the leash off and let him do his thing.