ISU-UNI POST game thread

Apr 14, 2006
Why not put some pressure on the coaches? ISU can do something positive this season. Let the coaches understand that they are on the hot seat. I'm still convinced that the past two games were within reach with the right coaching.

zimman18

Apr 7, 2006
www.drinkingrisk.com
Nothing needs to be said. We have a new coach with old coaches players. We have a lack of talent, and speed. I still have faith in a bright future, just not this year. :sad:

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
Yeah...this team is looking like a team that the Linn-Mar Lions (arguably the worst 4-A high school football team in the state) could possibly beat.

bld1226

Nov 8, 2006
I think that we all need to relax a little bit about the coaching staff. This is not their group of athletes. They are trying to put together a new system and the offensive line was terrible last year with a bunch of seniors and this year we a have a group of people that are young and inexperienced. You cannot do anything offensively without the o-line doing their job. I like the move of Lamaak to tackle and I think that will work out for the better as he gains experience. UNI is a very good team that will do much in IAA. I know it is not any consolation but we have to remember what Appalachian State did in the Big House.

Apr 14, 2006
Re: Okay, ISU sucks

Yeah, let's hire Dan MCarney back. He should have the privilege of coaching the disaster he left here...

And yes, you are sorry...

Hmmm. Interesting. Dan is the ONLY ISU coach to win a bowl... He also had an outstanding season by Cyclone standards in 2005. The "disaster" he left here includes Blythe. Making excuses is for losers.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I don't understand how the coaches can be the focus of blame when our previous coach, in his 12th year at the helm won 4 games all on the final play. Three of those teams we "beat" were complete crap. It can't always be the coaches fault, clearly we aren't putting a good product on the field that can compete.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Sorry but anybody calling for GCs head is a royal douchebag and has absolutely no knowledge of the situation. We do NOT have a talented team. We were moving the ball on offense until turnovers. The DL never put pressure on UNI with the front 4 and Sanders and his OL are experienced and talented. No coach comes in and does anything much differently. This is a years-long process and until we have GCs kids and system fully installed its idiotic to hammer the coaching staff.

Mac left us **** and to think otherwise is being out of touch with any semblence of reality.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I'm still hoping that somehow ISU wins at least one game. The best hope seems to be Toledo. It appears that both teams will be winless when the game is played. Somebody will have to win.

agreed...it's our lone hope but sucks that it's a road game. Hopefully we 'mature' and can pull off a win against one of the north. Let's not even talk about the south teams....

Apr 14, 2006
ISU suffered some key injuries last year AND Blythe was out for 3 games. Last season could have been much better. They never gave up and played to win. Where is that attitude this year?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Hmmm. Interesting. Dan is the ONLY ISU coach to win a bowl... He also had an outstanding season by Cyclone standards in 2005. The "disaster" he left here includes Blythe. Making excuses is for losers.

2005 was great? Really? Boise? Really? And if 2005 was all rosy, what the FU** is up with 2006? Pull your head out of your fairweather ***.

bandit

Apr 21, 2006
Re: Being dominated by UNI wasn't even the worst of it....

the worst of it is that the majority of UNI's players wouldn't even MAKE the team for Texas or Oklahoma....its gonna get ugly

I've got news for you, most of our players wouldn't make the team for UT or OU.

I think GC will work out down the road. That said, even DMac didn't lose to UNI and he had some truely awful teams when he came on board in the mid 90's.

I was at the game tonight and almost got tossed by Per Mar for cheering (apparently the "fans" in my section would rather sit on their hands and check their prostate than cheer for ISU.) The atmosphere was incredible-a record attendance of over 56K. The only problem-we played a football game. GC needs to find a way to harnass the talent he has. I don't care what the situation is-a Big 12 team does not lose to a D1AA team at home regardless of Michigan last week.

The effort put forth from our team tonight was pathetic. Tonight's loss is on both the team and the coaches. Both need to get their s*&t together soon or we're going o'fer this year.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
What is Chiziks' prior recruiting record? Was he credited for recruiting some of the bigger stars at Texas?

bandit

Apr 21, 2006

2005 was great? Really? Boise? Really? And if 2005 was all rosy, what the FU** is up with 2006? Pull your head out of your fairweather ***.

Boise was 2003, if you're going to talk smack, get your s*&t straight.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Enough. Play nice everyone.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

Sounds like you're making excuses for Dan. Hey, if you are a DM-lover, that's fine. But that doesn't excuse coming on here and blathering like an idiot about firing the new coach after two games.

As for Blythe, one player does not make a team. Had Blythe thrown a couple of downfield blocks last week, ISU might have had a win.