ISU-UNI POST game thread

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Re: Breakdown #8 - Refs

I thought he was down before the ball popped out. But I admittedly wasn't on the field. I was hoping for at least a stop in play to have it reviewed.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago

Can we get you a blog page on CF so there doesn't have to be a new thread for a breakdown of every play?

Cyclone15

Aug 21, 2007
Ankeny

What happened to putting Sumrall back for kicks ? I know he's a starting wide receiver but with the lack of depth I think we should play our best.... actually we have decent depth at wide receiver to permit him to return punts ? Milan Moses also ? But a freshman ? ughhhhh

Go Clones !

(lots of mental mistakes thus far... that can be corrected versus so much physical. Not gonna pin either loss on the refs.... so far this year)

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Can we get you a blog page on CF so there doesn't have to be a new thread for a breakdown of every play?

Every breakdown is a different topic. Just am trying to focus discussions to particular areas. The refs ignored some pass interference calls and ignored when some of our players who were down who then fumbled. Frankly the refs did change the tone of the game.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: Breakdown #6 - Can we run with the ball as well as we want?

He held onto the ball. I think we need to screen pass or swing pass to our speedsters to get them outside faster with fewer tacklers.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006

Every breakdown is a different topic. Just am trying to focus discussions to particular areas. The refs ignored some pass interference calls and ignored when some of our players who were down who then fumbled. Frankly the refs did change the tone of the game.

I just found it very interesting that nobody else has posted this sort of information until this thread. Figured we would've heard much more ******** before this if this was a common perception.

Either that or someone is trying to drum up some interest in their blog... Nah - that would never happen :wideeyed:.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

I just found it very interesting that nobody else has posted this sort of information until this thread. Figured we would've heard much more ******** before this if this was a common perception.

Either that or someone is trying to drum up some interest in their blog... Nah - that would never happen :wideeyed:.

The refs were more like when we played on the road.

I have no blog.

Last edited:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I was at the game, but just looked at the box score. Did we really lose the turnover battle 4-0? I think that pretty much says it all.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Re: Breakdown #6 - Can we run with the ball as well as we want?

Loved it in 92 vs KU, sadly I believe that it is a play that is no longer legal to use. Or maybe that's just high school where it is illegal.

I am pretty sure it was outlawed by the NCAA. Too bad as it was a kind of a cool, quirky play in college football.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I was at the game, but just looked at the box score. Did we really lose the turnover battle 4-0? I think that pretty much says it all.

Yes. Hard to believe. Couple of turnovers were ref driven. They could have called it either way.

The bobbled snap by Bret was the snapper's fault - rocket way high.

The bobbled hold after the first touchdown could have been the snapper or the holder. Probably the holder. Still a special teams problem again. Surprised no attempt to pick up the ball and run was implemented for this situation. Looks like the holder pnicked as several of our punt returners have done already. We just do not look comfortable under pressure.

clonefan1

Aug 7, 2006
Where do the issues lie?

Obviously turnovers cost us 10 pts on Saturday. But are the other issues? Is it coaching? Play calling? Overall Talent? Not knowing the offense?

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I know Meyer bashing is popular right now, but was I the only one that thought Meyer did better when he came in after Arnaud had his one series? His passes seemed crisper, he through down the field more, and we moved the ball. One ended with a bad snap on the UNI 25, one with a touchdown, turnover on downs, and one interception when he got hit throwing the ball.

MAYBE you could blame the interception on Meyer holding the ball too long, but we were kind of desperate to score quickly at that point, so we had to throw downfield, and Meyer once again did not have great protection.

All in all, in our last four possessions (all with Meyer) we gained 205 yards. The turnovers just killed us once again.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
ISU suffered some key injuries last year AND Blythe was out for 3 games. Last season could have been much better. They never gave up and played to win. Where is that attitude this year?

If you think that team last year did anything other than quit on Dan, then your opinion counts for less than I think it does now. Not a good comment.

Be mad at the coaches all you want, but have a clue, please.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
Dan is a better coach

Chizick is a better recruiter he needs time to get better players.

Dan would get more out of this team because he is great at coaching players up.

Gene has never had to do that.

Yeah Dan did a hell of a job coaching up that group in 2003 that had 41 of the top 48 returning. What was the record again troy, Monaco???

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
as bad as our old coach was by the way, his new team is actually hanging in there tough with a top 20 team. 17-17 USF/Auburn. 7:48 left in the game.

He's a position coach. Do you think that, after watching meltdown after meltdown with this guy, that he could have won over Auburn as a head coach in the same situation???? If so then there is nothing more to talk about, it wouldn't be fair to you.