brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Alright guys. Relax now.

Relax? Why? That was the worst game I have seen since Walden years. We just got outclassed by a Div 1aa team. They beat us in every aspect of the game. That is unacceptable.

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
What is Chiziks' prior recruiting record? Was he credited for recruiting some of the bigger stars at Texas?

He did coach the last 3 Thorpe Award winners.

And he is rated by Kirk Herbstreit as the "Top Future Coach"...that's kind of big.

Apr 14, 2006
Also, look at espn.com. 2005 was a 3 point bowl loss to TCU who ended up ranked in the top 10. I'll take that, thank you! By the way, what kind of person calls others names on a website like this?

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
Relax? Why? That was the worst game I have seen since Walden years. We just got outclassed by a Div 1aa team. They beat us in every aspect of the game. That is unacceptable.

I was talking about the arguing little girls a few posts on top of mine.

Yes this team does not look good right now.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Re: Being dominated by UNI wasn't even the worst of it....

I was at the game tonight and almost got tossed by Per Mar for cheering (apparently the "fans" in my section would rather sit on their hands and check their prostate than cheer for ISU.)

What did the rent-a-cops say to you? This is un-freaking-believable. We want to build an atmosphere at the Jack and the old bastards in orange vests want you to sit down and shut up? I guess it makes their job easier. But if they can't enjoy a crowd getting up for their team, then they should be getting the gig watching the doors at the senior center for BINGO night.

To be honest, I've not heard a good thing said about Per Mar either at Jack or Kinnick. I guess that's one thing we and the pukeyes can agree with.

Build an atmosphere and get this response. Lame...very lame.

troyrew

Apr 19, 2006
Las Vegas
Dan is a better coach

Chizick is a better recruiter he needs time to get better players.

Dan would get more out of this team because he is great at coaching players up.

Gene has never had to do that.

dschlitter

Apr 11, 2006
Mason City
I know I will probably get beat up for bringing up Iowa, but i seem to remember Kirk not having the greatest couple of years when he first took that job. Iowa fans were also calling for his head at the time. Things at Iowa seem to have turned out all right for them. Lets give our new coaches more than two games before we fire up firegenechizik.com.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
If talent is the problem that means the talent level on ISU was exceeded by a Div 1aa team.

Could it be that ISU is not as prepared as the other team? Or is game day coaching worse for ISU?

Howie3310

Mar 10, 2007
I know I will probably get beat up for bringing up Iowa, but i seem to remember Kirk not having the greatest couple of years when he first took that job. Iowa fans were also calling for his head at the time. Things at Iowa seem to have turned out all right for them.

I've always wanted to say this, but I was afraid I'd get smashed for it.

You my friend earn some rep

troyrew

Apr 19, 2006
Las Vegas
Gene has never coached a winning D 1 game he is the great unknown.

He is use to 4 and 5 star talent. He has 2 star talent and he cant coach them up

dschlitter

Apr 11, 2006
Mason City
Sometimes I don't think people grasp how difficult football really it. In basketball if you get the five top players are an instant contender. In football all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't have the right players for your particular offense or defense. How good would Nebraska have been in the 80's or early 90's with a pocket passer for a quarterback in an option offense?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
So did anybody get to see how well Iowa played? I kept track of the score while at the ISU game but I didn't know if Iowa was really doing that well or if Syracuse was doing that bad. I'm terrified to think of Young running for 400 next weekend.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I know I will probably get beat up for bringing up Iowa, but i seem to remember Kirk not having the greatest couple of years when he first took that job. Iowa fans were also calling for his head at the time. Things at Iowa seem to have turned out all right for them. Lets give our new coaches more than two games before we fire up firegenechizik.com.

You better not get beat up cuz you're dead on. Face it, this is going to be a tough year (maybe our worst in a long time). We all want to see immediate improvement but with a new coach/staff that's VERY unlikely to happen. Give these guys some time to instill their own style of players. Sometimes it has to go really bad before it gets really better. We just need to be a little patient.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
everyone panties are in a bunch.

we knew this season wouldnt be all that great. When ISU isnt shooting its self in the dang foot with turnovers, they seem to move the ball fairly efficiently...not great by anymeans, but they are capable of moving the chains. Considering that the O-line doesnt quite grasp the whole pass-blocking thing, were kind of screwed at the moment.

Look at the stats...ISU dominated the 1st half in yardage, but was trailing on the scoreboard. To me both games had the same implosion..the offense has been giving it up repeatedly and putting the defense on its heels. Things snowball then they find themselves in a big hole. Also, they can get any pass rush. If they did it would GREATLY improve the defense, whos back always seems to be against the wall(thanks to turnovers).

there are positives out there, but TURNOVERS are killing a team that needs to limit its mistakes as much as anyteam in the country to be successful.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site

Too late. Looks like it is on the way if I take it correctly.

www.firegenechizik.com coming soon!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Do people realize that we're still using almost all of Mac's guys and he may have coached them up but we still barely beet UNI last year. This isn't a one-man sport, football takes a lot of good players at the same time to pull out wins. You could have Montana as QB and we'd still probably lose this game because of all the other players that have to step up. Anybody seriously dissapointed in Chizik needs to watch these games in person and then start being pissed at Meyer and a few of the other "big" players.

Apr 14, 2006
I don't buy the lack of talent argument. To play against Kent State and UNI, ISU has plenty of talent. How long do you think that it will take Chizik to get a win? Maybe the guy just isn't a good play caller. Maybe in 2009 we can slip Ankeney HS in so Chizik can get a W. I really hope that I'm wrong about this guy. I was thinking that the discipline and hard training would make a difference: I was wrong.