ISU up to #6...

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
4 big 12 in top 11 of ap poll wonder if that douche Vegas guy who came on kxno Morning Trash still wants his take that big 12 is fifth best conference.
I posted about that somewhere on here. To add insult to injury, he also had the b1g #1. :mccaffery:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We were 3 in 99-00

It took until March to get there.

They weren't even ranked until well into conference season and slowly climbed up as they kept winning.

These things are inconsequential overall but the voters really let that Drake loss hang around. I'd like to see if any other good teams with bad losses got the same treatment that season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It took until March to get there.

They weren't even ranked until well into conference season and slowly climbed up as they kept winning.

These things are inconsequential overall but the voters really let that Drake loss hang around. I'd like to see if any other good teams with bad losses got the same treatment that season.

Our broadcast schedule in those days probably also didn't help. Most of our games were on ESPN plus (which iirc was a regional big 12 broadcast) or cyclone television network.

Also, between the drake loss and the time we eventually got ranked, we only played 2 ranked teams and lost both. We jumped into the rankings as soon as we finally got a ranked win against Kansas.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Man my jaw about hit the floor when that guy told Miller and Condon that the B1G is far and away the premier basketball conference and that it has been for some time. I can't believe Miller didn't chime in on that one...
He was on with Ross and Travis when he said that

Or did he say the same garbage on Miller and Condon too?

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Houston favored by 8.5. That seems like a lot for 2 versus 6 when we’ve already beat them but what do I know?
Take ISU all day. I don't see the Cyclones getting beat by 9 or more. I actually think they are going to go in there and beat them.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He was on with Ross and Travis when he said that

Or did he say the same garbage on Miller and Condon too?
Shoot you are right, it was The Morning Rush and neither one of the hok homers even mentioned the Big 12.

Reactions: DSMCy

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Beat Houston and WVU
UCONN falls @ Creighton tomorrow,

I see an outside chance that we get a first place vote in the next AP poll, which would mean nothing, but be kinda cool.
If that were to happen I think we actually should be #1 not just receiving #1 votes.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It just occurred to me that this season is reminding me a lot of 1999-2000. That year the team kind of snuck up on me. We kept winning games but it just never seemed like we were an elite team. I think it was partly because the way that we won meant that it always appeared that we should win. There was never some big crazy upset or comeback. We just methodically beat teams. And that's kind of like what is going on this year.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
jump that high? not likely. Would love to see it but nah.
Beating #2 on the road while already being that high. Who else should be #1? You can’t keep UCONN at #1. Purdue wouldn’t deserve it. Not sure you could put Arizona or Tennessee. We’d be the only logical choice as far as I’m concerned.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Beating #2 on the road while already being that high. Who else should be #1? You can’t keep UCONN at #1. Purdue wouldn’t deserve it. Not sure you could put Arizona or Tennessee. We’d be the only logical choice as far as I’m concerned.
not sure you can with our neutral game losses early in the season. Purdue still only has 3 losses. We would be right there had we swept Orlando.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron