ISU vs Iowa

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
I think it'll be a good match Sunday if Glory can get through the first period in decent shape. I actually think Glory might win
I definitely get that, but he hasn’t shown to be able to do that. In the dual he was down 14-2 and in the midlands match he was down 12-0 after the first period. Until he shows he can, he can’t.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I definitely get that, but he hasn’t shown to be able to do that. In the dual he was down 14-2 and in the midlands match he was down 12-0 after the first period. Until he shows he can, he can’t.

I just think it will be a good match Sunday is all. Glory is pretty impressive and was only a freshmen last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Lee

• Agree
Reactions: HawkFan1

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What does Spencer Lee have left to prove to you? He’s a 2x National champ on pace for 4. He has higher goals than college wrestling

Nothing. I'd be shocked if he ducked Glory Sunday so it's a moot point anyways

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wow just heard they are ducking Glory. Wow! That's a bad look for the sport. The people like us that have wrestled and understand the sport will know it's just Brands being an orange but for the uneducated/non wrestler fan of the sport it makes the entire wrestling community look soft to them

• Disagree
Reactions: HawkFan1

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
Wow just heard they are ducking Glory. Wow! That's a bad look for the sport. The people like us that have wrestled and understand the sport will know it's just Brands being an orange but for the uneducated/non wrestler fan of the sport it makes the entire wrestling community look soft to them
Pretty sure you have your own forum for this

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
WOW! YIKES!

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Not going to lie I didn't think they'd duck Glory but nothing should surprise me with Brands

I understand you're trolling, but Iowa has said from the beginning that Lee was going to wrestle and altered schedule to prepare for world trials. I don't really see this as ducking but more as preparing for a big freestyle tournament to qualify for world trials.

• Winner
Reactions: Sturge34

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I understand you're trolling, but Iowa has said from the beginning that Lee was going to wrestle and altered schedule to prepare for world trials. I don't really see this as ducking but more as preparing for a big freestyle tournament to qualify for world trials.

If it was Wisconsin instead is Princeton Sunday I strongly believe he would go

cyfan9

Aug 27, 2011
I figured Marinelli would win, don’t think he’s lost to him has he?

What happened to the Stickley kid was a sad situation. If saying it’s an odd situation to hire a woman right out of school that is married to one of your best wrestlers is dumping, then I guess I’m dumping.

Really think you are reaching here. She became a manager during her first year at Iowa - before Alex was even enrolled at Iowa (she is a year older). Spent four years with the wrestling team and was promoted when the position opened up. Isn't that the point of gaining experience during undergraduate school - to get a good job upon graduation?

If you think there is some nepotism or favoritism here, maybe you should look at how our Director of Operations became involved with the VA Tech coaching staff: Wilson began her association with Dresser and the Hokie wrestling program when her son, Lex Ozias, joined the team in 2011. See https://cyclones.com/sports/wrestling/roster/coaches/robin-wilson/1530

I don't know Robin but hear she does a great job. But man, she didn't have ANY experience with a wrestling team before being hired by Dresser - seems to have worked out ok. And according to her bio, her previous career was as a reporter.

cyfan9

Aug 27, 2011
If it was Wisconsin instead is Princeton Sunday I strongly believe he would go

Really? It has been clear that Lee is going to wrestle a reduced schedule, very similar to what Kyle Snyder previously did. His folkstyle matches will be dictated by the freestyle schedule.

I am all for Iowa bashing, when we have a legitimate point. The argument (if this just isn't a troll and if it is, you got me) that he or Brands is scared of Glory is ridiculous. Lee is one of the best division 1 wrestlers, will be a 4x NCAA champ and I believe is our best option at that freestyle weight.

I can only hope that we get to face similar dilemmas with ISU wrestlers in the future - that they are clearly the best wrestler at the weight and have a great chance at winning the US National/Olympic team spot.

Maybe we should focus more on what our team is doing and how we are going to (hopefully) rebound from the beat down the Hawks gave us (yet again). This weekend's CKLV is stacked and going to be a great tournament. Huge opportunity for a number of guys. 57 is stacked and Carr could walk away with the number 1 ranking. Plenty of chances for Colbray to get his season back on track. Alex M should be the 2 seed at 25, etc, etc.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Really? It has been clear that Lee is going to wrestle a reduced schedule, very similar to what Kyle Snyder previously did. His folkstyle matches will be dictated by the freestyle schedule.

I am all for Iowa bashing, when we have a legitimate point. The argument (if this just isn't a troll and if it is, you got me) that he or Brands is scared of Glory is ridiculous. Lee is one of the best division 1 wrestlers, will be a 4x NCAA champ and I believe is our best option at that freestyle weight.

I can only hope that we get to face similar dilemmas with ISU wrestlers in the future - that they are clearly the best wrestler at the weight and have a great chance at winning the US National/Olympic team spot.

Maybe we should focus more on what our team is doing and how we are going to (hopefully) rebound from the beat down the Hawks gave us (yet again). This weekend's CKLV is stacked and going to be a great tournament. Huge opportunity for a number of guys. 57 is stacked and Carr could walk away with the number 1 ranking. Plenty of chances for Colbray to get his season back on track. Alex M should be the 2 seed at 25, etc, etc.

It's my opinion Lee would be wrestling Sunday if it was Wisconsin instead of Princeton. I could be wrong but with Brands track record I don't think I am. That's all