ISU vs NEB Gamethread

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
Hilton Magic is coming? Isn't magic something that is either there or not? I would think that the team coming together is growing and their ability to play big in big sitations is something thats getting better and coming along. However, I hate to see good players playing together called 'magic'.

If you can guess a particular card in a deck, there's a lot of luck that goes along with that 'magic'. Let's not resort to calling this team lucky.

Never said they were lucky. My point is, it's not here yet, but I think one day soon it will be here. Sorry I blew up.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I know you called the guy a loser earlier for referencing the squak game, but the pukes are within 1 with half a minute left. Strong comeback for the pukeye squaks.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Never said they were lucky. My point is, it's not here yet, but I think one day soon it will be here. Sorry I blew up.

I think I read you wrong. I just don't like the term Hilton Magic being bantered about for each win. Magic is special. This is just a team that will feed off of the crowd. A crowd that is always behind the guys. They know it and respond to it.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Random Question: What was with the ponchos in the studen section tonight?

We were expecting it to rain threes. :sad9cd:

Just got back from the game. Wow! I haven't heard Hilton like that since the 2004-05 season. You guys watching on TV have no idea how great of an atmosphere there was tonight, and because of the presidential speech, you probably missed the loudest/most explosive portion of the night.

I never thought Jiri would be a favorite of mine, but he has really, really come around! Probably not as good as Homan, but last season would've been a completely different story if he'd played like this. Wayne would still be here.

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
It's nice to have a half-court offense this season! Seems like last year, if we didn't score off the break, we didn't have much of a chance other than clear out for Stinson.

Kinda like Mizzou this year, isn't it :laugh8kb:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The ponchos were yellowish to cover up the Red so we did not look like Big red fans per Nebraska announcers on Fox. I prefer to say we wore ponchos for the Coming Storm.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
ok GREAT WIN! one thing i hate to see is our fans leaving early to beat the rush because they know we'll win. Our guys bust their balls for 40 minutes and the least we could do is to watch the whole game and cheer them off the court. Yes, it might set people back 10-15 minutes, but we want to be the best fans in the nation don't we?

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The ponchos were yellowish to cover up the Red so we did not look like Big red fans per Nebraska announcers on Fox. I prefer to say we wore ponchos for the Coming Storm.

We bought the poncho's to go along with tonight's tag-line for the start of the home Big 12 games... "There's a storm coming to Ames..." I wished they would have been a bit more solid colored but I think they really looked a lot more gold in person which is, after all, one of our school colors.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Got to see my first game on the Husker broadcast. It was a little painful but great to finally see this team and see them playing so well. Was anyone else irritated with Maric's display when he 'hurt' his knee then he's back in two minutes later? Can we say puss? The Neb announcers were saying that the smaller ISU players were allowed to hang all over Maric because he is so big... Ha, anyone notice the reverse hump he had going on Jiri in the second half? It was almost comical.:rolleyes5cz:

Nice win!