Jamie Dixon in trouble?

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I think I'll give Jamie Dixon the benefit of the doubt who's coached hundreds of hoopers from Pittsburgh to TCU over 30 years and never had an issue with R-word stuff.

Lampkin seems like a pissed off player who expected to be a star on a team winning the league, and its not working out that way. Who knew unrealistic expectations could lead to resentments.
JoePa says "hi"

People in positions of power aren't always held accountable for their actions...because they are in positions of power.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'd venture to guess Dixon hasn't garnered a ton of goodwill from the fanbase this year. That's a really good, veteran roster that's underachieved. Will be interesting to see if Miles tests the transfer waters.
Well then they need a reality check. Mike Miles was out for 5 conference games and the roster can't shoot, like at all so they weren't going to be some sort of juggernaut.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
JoePa says "hi"

People in positions of power aren't always held accountable for their actions...because they are in positions of power.
This is not the same era. You aren't getting away with any sort of racial mistreatment in a sport dominated by the affected group in today's environment.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Will be curious what we hear from Lampkin's family in the next week or so. But we'll probably have to wait until TCU's season is over before we could hear other players chime in.

I'll put myself in the skeptical group. Lampkin's mom used the words "misconduct and racially insensitive comments". No specifics, just generalities. But I guess that is to be expected in a text message.

But I am skeptical with more specifics accusations because of other incidents this week. The Mark Adams situation and the Hawks settling a $4M lawsuit for racial bias.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I might be in the minority,but I think Eddie may need to point a finger at himself here. TCU didn't play like a team with bad chemistry or one that hated their coach the last couple nights. If there were systemic issues, they wouldn't have competed like they did. I don't feel like he developed at all from last season. He probably is frustrated at himself and looking for other places to point fingers.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I might be in the minority,but I think Eddie may need to point a finger at himself here. TCU didn't play like a team with bad chemistry or one that hated their coach the last couple nights. If there were systemic issues, they wouldn't have competed like they did. I don't feel like he developed at all from last season. He probably is frustrated at himself and looking for other places to point fingers.

You are not in the minority on this. In fact you are spot on.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I think this is the case as well.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
He is in the minority. Haven't you read the previous discussion about the cause and it seems to be shared by most on here.

Ten adults and one baby waiting for dinner. Who makes the most noise?

Although not a majority the baby will soil their diaper trying to convince you otherwise.

Things are rarely what the loudest would have you believe.

Reactions: GoldCy and Acylum

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Ten adults and one baby waiting for dinner. Who makes the most noise?

Although not a majority the baby will soil their diaper trying to convince you otherwise.

Things are rarely what the loudest would have you believe.
Generalizations in general are stupid.