Jamie Dixon in trouble?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
How the hell do these guys have decades long careers that highly involve interactions with young black men and think it's appropriate to make "racial remarks." It's mind-blowing.
Because some of them don't care about players and see them as commodities to advance their own coaching career?

Harsh, but wouldn't surprise me if a small number of coaches have this mindset.

Last edited:

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Because some of them don't care about them and see them as commodities to advance their own coaching career?

I prefer to hold off on my judgements until you hear facts. It is possible/probable that Jamie said things that hurt/offended Eddie. I'm guessing many coaches say things in the heat of the moment that they've heard their whole life and didn't know they were racially insensitive or wrong. Which is wrong, but not intentional. We continually are being educated and most of us are changing.

I don't think Jamie could've been this successful for this many years if he was racist. But I also totally believe we all say things that hurt others without intention to hurt.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I prefer to hold off on my judgements until you hear facts. It is possible/probable that Jamie said things that hurt/offended Eddie. I'm guessing many coaches say things in the heat of the moment that they've heard their whole life and didn't know they were racially insensitive or wrong. Which is wrong, but not intentional. We continually are being educated and most of us are changing.

I don't think Jamie could've been this successful for this many years if he was racist. But I also totally believe we all say things that hurt others without intention to hurt.
I think you overall have a really great post and one we should heed. The bolded part for me kind of stopped mattering after Paterno unfortunately. I guess I'm just more careful/cybical now by using that as a barometer.

Reactions: stateofmind

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We'll see if there are any legs to the accusation.

But seems like we are going to see a lot more situations where "feelings are hurt" now that we have transfer portal and NIL. How much a coach plays a kid, how much a coach incorporates a player in the offense, etc. will all impact a kids NIL potential. And we are talking 18-22 year old kids.

Tyrese Hunter might be 100% happy with his choice of Texas. But he lost the head coach he left to play for. His minutes seemed to take a hit the 2nd half of Big12 season. I think its just natural we are going to see situations where players (and more likely family or entourage) lash out at coaches & schools.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
this just seems like the card to play now a days if your unhappy.

“my coach is a racist even though he’s been coaching for 20+ years and has coached many many many black athletes”

im not going to believe lampkin until there is some concrete evidence.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Because some of them don't care about them and see them as commodities to advance their own coaching career?

The only thing I disagree with is that I’m not sure it is a small number of coaches.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836