Jamie Dixon in trouble?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I made my judgement of Dixon along time before this
Yeah, I've on the record about guys with slicked back hair. I don't care for him.

One of my favorite quotes is "the meaning of any communication is how it is received" (Tony Robbins). I believe that, and clearly the way he talked to Lampkin was not well received, and that is on Dixon. That doesn't necessarily mean that Dixon should definitely be fired or reprimanded, but it should definitely be looked at.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Typing on CF + watching BB + doing a tax return + thinking about race parts to order = spelling mistake

Clearly, you aren't giving enough priority to your participation on CF! :chris:

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Man these guys are throwing away millions in severance pay. Dumb dumb

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
No joke. Curious also, about what happened to the 'Mark Adams in trouble' thread. Did that get deleted? Yeah, weird stuff happening in Texas BB this year.

I would guess Adams got a nice under-the-table buy out offer.
Adams would be a great replacement for Beard at texass ;)...keep the horns rolling.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
No joke. Curious also, about what happened to the 'Mark Adams in trouble' thread. Did that get deleted? Yeah, weird stuff happening in Texas BB this year.

They extended him last year for $15M. They probably gave him half to go away quietly. At 5% interest, that’s $375,000 a year to do nothing.

Reactions: t-noah

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

After posters started throwing casual accusations of racism about at other CF posters, it presumably got quarantined to the Cave where it belonged.

• Informative

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
After posters started throwing casual accusations of racism about at other CF posters, it presumably got quarantined to the Cave where it belonged.
No Mark Adams thread in the Cave. Who were those posters?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
A lot of it isnt actually poor spelling, its just text shorthand that younger people use
You are correct but a lot of it is poor spelling and a lot of it is laziness. I can't say too much because I'm certainly guilty of it and I'm not a younger people.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
this just seems like the card to play now a days if your unhappy.

“my coach is a racist even though he’s been coaching for 20+ years and has coached many many many black athletes”

im not going to believe lampkin until there is some concrete evidence.
I'm kind of with you here. Dixon has been around a very long time and he's been a head coach for a very long time with a lot of sustained success. Usually I watch the current and former players here. If no one else piles on, it makes it hard for me to believe that Dixon was a real issue.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'd venture to guess Dixon hasn't garnered a ton of goodwill from the fanbase this year. That's a really good, veteran roster that's underachieved. Will be interesting to see if Miles tests the transfer waters.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
My guess is Miles goes pro.
They have underachieved. One could point to the injuries, but even when healthy, they've been pretty one-dimensional offensively. If they can't beat you with their transition game, they can't beat you basically.

Edit: sorry, I meant to quote the post below:
1678375063109.png

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

I’m not sure. Originally I think it got merged with a thread started in men’s basketball, but it all looks to be gone.