Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
  • Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Q1 on a neutral floor. Regardless why not play them in front of 10-12,000 cyclone fans at a neutral site. Better then prairie view.
Perception. Beating a bad P5 is better than a good Mid Major.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I doubt that, he has 150 wins in 6 years.
What's their NET this year?
Better yet RPI?

They would have been barely a quad 1 this year (net 47), quad 2 the prior 2 years (55, 85) on a neutral floor.

RPI is irrelevant these days. Not used at all.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Drake was in the top 38. So there's a lot to choose from.

Its a dumb comparison and you know it.

If net\kenpom\etc is otherwise similar, a P6 team will do more for perception than a midmajor will.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Its a dumb comparison and you know it.

If net\kenpom\etc is otherwise similar, a P6 team will do more for perception than a midmajor will.
They made it pretty clear name didn't matter. It's just numbers. Drake at the Well is a great way to basically have a home game fan support wise but get a Quad bump because it's technically neutral. I can't help the fact you don't see it.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
They made it pretty clear name didn't matter. It's just numbers. Drake at the Well is a great way to basically have a home game fan support wise but get a Quad bump because it's technically neutral. I can't help the fact you don't see it.

It isn’t happening and never will. I can’t help the fact you don’t see it.

Reactions: hlb76

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I never said it would but to say it's a bad idea is stupid. Just look at who's saying it.

There's really no reason to do it.

ISU doesn't really need more games like that.And with the conference trading out 2 of the current buy games for conference games starting next year to go to a 20 game schedule it makes that even more true.

Future schedules will have:

20 conference games
3 neutral tournament games
1 game vs iowa
1 big east game
6 remaining games available to schedule.

But you have to keep in mind that ISU needs a certain number of home games. Before those remaining home games are scheduled, that's as low as 10 home games if Iowa and the big east game are on the road. Even if ISU can get those balanced, that's 11 home games. ISU had 18 home games this year, for reference. So any games scheduled on a home and home or even home and neutral basis will come at a high premium. Drake simply doesn't merit giving up one of those home games

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If we had played a road game against Drake and lost by 2 points on a half court heave as time expired, the committee would have dropped us to the three line.

The problem isn’t Iowa State or its scheduling. It’s the committee.
Our resume Q1 & Q2 combined and Q3 & Q4 combined were identical to UNC. We had more Q4 games and more Q1 games. So it's the quad 4s that killed us. I doubt playing net 200 v. Net 300 makes much difference but when you start averaging them it drags us down. Yet our overall was still better. That's why Bilas and Kellogg are b****es.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So it's the quad 4s that killed us.

Nah, those quad 4s are fairly normal.

What killed us was that our neutral site opponents all underperformed, iowa was down, and the big east sent us an anchor named depaul.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Fales today did his usual. ISU shouldn't complain about being a 2 seed in Omaha with two other even closer local teams and being in region with #1 UConn even though we're ranked 4th. We should be incredibly happy about being seeded 8th when the resume says 4th/5th.

Drake however...is really underseeded as a ten seed getting to play close to home as if they're a one seed. It's disrespect to seed the Valley champion that low were his exact words. I know he wouldn't want to be an 8/9 and get UConn in second round. So I assume that means Fales thinks Drake should be at least a 7 which is CRAZY for a team that needed to win their tournament to get in at all.

Murph does a better job being impartial, with Fales ISU fans are never allowed to be upset about anything but if Iowa or Drake fans are upset about something (or upset about nothing) he hops right on the crazy train with them.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Non-conference SOS isn’t a reason. It’s an excuse. There is a difference. We could jack up our non-conference schedule next season and if we somehow duplicated our results the committee would find some other but… but… but.. excuse to protect brands. It’s a ******* sham. We always get ****** because we’re not Kansas.
Yep, there's a reason that there is a bit of (fake) mystery to the process for both college football and college basketball. The mysterious part is where they put their thumbs on the scales to get the results that they want.

Help Support Us

Become a patron