Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I would counter with 4 at Hilton and 1 at Wells Fargo, why should we help subsidize their athletic department? Give them a reasonable guarantee, as they would only be Quad 2 wins at best.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Man, 20 conference games plus the conference tournament is just brutal, but I get it.

I think the big issue with this year is we got a crap tournament that we didn't do well in anyway. It didn't help Texas A&M went from a title contender to a bubble team and Va Tech used up all their magic with us and then exited stage right.
and our Big East match up was complete garbage. Iowa sucked, etc.

in a NORMAL year.
-a normal tournament typically gets us 2-3 Quad one teams. (next year in Maui for example)

-Iowa making the tournament.

-1-2 teams against teams like Grambling state (lower teams that will probably win their league. (but that is always a crap shoot)

That is the potential of playing 5-6 tournament teams and then you play 5 duds (2-3 over break)

I guess you could play drake and UNI but on an ISU down year you don't want to put yourself in a bad situation either and end up in the NIT because you struggled to start the season either. Playing UNI this year would have actually hurt just as bad.

Whole thing is stupid considering our overall strength of schedule though.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I would counter with 4 at Hilton and 1 at Wells Fargo, why should we help subsidize their athletic department? Give them a reasonable guarantee, as they would only be Quad 2 wins at best.
As long as DeVries is at Drake I'd rather just play them every year at the Well when the students are out. 10-12,000 cyclone fans and still Q1 because it's a neutral site.

Reactions: dafarmer

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Aside from beefing up the non-con playing at LEAST one extra high major a year is just more entertaining, isn't that what this is about? Being entertained by basketball games. I know this was a super down year and not entirely ISU's fault but this non-con was just boring as hell.

I will gladly accept a boring non-con if it leads to a season and tournament like we had.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
UNI and Drake are not gonna help SOS at all most years, not sure it makes much sense other than being interesting

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
UNI and Drake are not gonna help SOS at all most years, not sure it makes much sense other than being interesting
Drake will on neutral floor as long as D DeVries is there. They have their next alpha scorer redshirting. Chico Johnson 4 star sitting due to leg injury Sr. Year.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Drake will on neutral floor as long as D DeVries is there. They have their next alpha scorer redshirting. Chico Johnson 4 star sitting due to leg injury Sr. Year.
This was their best analytical year in his tenure and they're a next four out type team, not sure that moves the needle

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This was their best analytical year in his tenure and they're a next four out type team, not sure that moves the needle
What Quad would they be on a neutral floor. They've been there all 4 years he's been there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron