Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I've always been a Pollard fan, but I'm thinking I should not listen to him this afternoon because he's gonna dig in on his ridiculous point about the importance of noncon SOS, and I'm going to get even angrier.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I'm going with some or all of:

Iowa States seeding in the tournament.
NIL/Transferring and future of college athletics
CyTown/Parking
Alcohol sales at Trice/Hilton
We’ll see if JP has the discipline to just move on from the seeding ‘controversy’ after hearing critiques from Cyclone fans.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Idk if I believe JP when he says that the coaching staff didn’t know if Iowa state would get to the postseason after our loses to Texas AM and Virginia Tech. I would bet they have the confidence they can make it every year.
Agree. Even if they did, I don’t think they would want that info broadcast by the AD even after the season is over. Hopefully the players ignore what JP said.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
being a top 68 team should be every year

We'll likely miss occasionally. All but the best do. But when roughly 35 power conference teams will make it in any given year, when you remove the programs that are just continually garbage and rarely make it, it should be considered 'missing expectations' any year the tournament is missed for most self-respecting basketball programs.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Agree. Even if they did, I don’t think they would want that info broadcast by the AD even after the season is over. Hopefully the players ignore what JP said.
Not sure what is wrong with JP's statement. Feel like it's a compliment and expresses how much this team and group of players improved after going 1-2 in the ESPN Tournament.

The reality is it takes Big12 wins to get into the NCAA Tournament. This year eight Big12 teams made the NCAA Tournament. OU was 12-1 and ranked #11 coming out of the non-con schedule, but after going 8-10 in Big12 play and losing their initial Big12 Tournament game they got left out of the NCAA's.

After the ESPN Tournament, I feel a lot of Clone fans questioned if we could go 9-9 in Big12 games.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and nrg4isu

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
They asked him twitter questions, the lowest common denominator in Society. He handled it well I thought
Certainly much better than last time he was on

Reactions: rosshm16

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
So did he say anything noteworthy? Anything about CyTown?

Not really. Asked how CyTown would stay viable outside of major events - he mentioned the medical facility that is expected to have 1,000+ doctors/patients each day. Mentioned the amphitheatre, holiday/farmers market type events.

When asked if we'll schedule tougher non-con opponents for basketball he said we only have 6 non-con games outside of Iowa, Big East Challenge, and Maui, and that all 6 of those will be buy games against lessor opponents. I don't see a problem with that as that should be enough to have a better non-con SOS.

Said while we luckily didn't get chosen to have any conference games on Thurs/Fri this season, we should expect to at some point within the next few years.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Not really. Asked how CyTown would stay viable outside of major events - he mentioned the medical facility that is expected to have 1,000+ doctors/patients each day. Mentioned the amphitheatre, holiday/farmers market type events.

When asked if we'll schedule tougher non-con opponents for basketball he said we only have 6 non-con games outside of Iowa, Big East Challenge, and Maui, and that all 6 of those will be buy games against lessor opponents. I don't see a problem with that as that should be enough to have a better non-con SOS.

Said while we luckily didn't get chosen to have any conference games on Thurs/Fri this season, we should expect to at some point within the next few years.
Why are Thur or Fri games a bad thing?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Also mentioned we will go to 20 conference games next year. Is that the first confirmation we've had of that?

• Informative
Reactions: isucy86

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Why are Thur or Fri games a bad thing?

Most people need to take off work & or school (2 days if Thurs and they want to tailgate or have to travel). Interferes with HS football/sports. I'd guess those games typically have lower attendance and/or ticket prices because of these & other reasons I'm probably not thinking about.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Most people need to take off work & or school (2 days if Thurs and they want to tailgate or have to travel). Interferes with HS football/sports. I'd guess those games typically have lower attendance and/or ticket prices because of these & other reasons I'm probably not thinking about.
Ah i read this as basketball games. My mistake.