Jessica Shepard transferring from Nebraska

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Do not want- pretty much everyone on the thread about her transferring on Husker Hoops Central is pretty much saying good riddance..... things about her being selfish, unwilling to put in extra work, one of main reasons Yori and Romeo not being there anymore. Someone posted something to the effect of "her being the highest rated recruit ever to come and leaving 2 years in and being the most loathed."

http://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/11416-shepard-transferring/

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Do not want- pretty much everyone on the thread about her transferring on Husker Hoops Central is pretty much saying good riddance..... things about her being selfish, unwilling to put in extra work, one of main reasons Yori and Romeo not being there anymore. Someone posted something to the effect of "her being the highest rated recruit ever to come and leaving 2 years in and being the most loathed."

http://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/11416-shepard-transferring/

Yikes. :eek:

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Apparently it has been confirmed by a tv station in Lincoln that Ms. Shepard was trying to shop around for a different school during the basketball season. Holy cow.... she has checked out a long time ago- goes to show that she really didn't give 2 ***** about her team.

• Agree
Reactions: ISU71

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
holy **** youre right.

wanna start a business with me?
HomePage_RunzaDance_L34.gif

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Runza with Pepperjack cheese and Peppered Bacon...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Nothing like Temperature Tuesdays in winter where the price of a Runza is determined by the air temperature at 6 AM...sometimes it's free (as long as you also get a drink/fries).

Back to the original topic...she would not last at UCONN or ISU (Bill would have a field day with her).

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wow, wasn't expecting her to end up at one of the top WBB schools in the country. Opportunity for her is huge if she gets in shape and gets herself right attitude wise.
Wow. You're right - probably the second-best NCAA women's bball program. Doubt that Muffet is going to put up with much. Also, ND is up-tempo, plays man-to-man D and has tons of athletes to do it. Shepard will have to be in shape.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow. You're right - probably the second-best NCAA women's bball program. Doubt that Muffet is going to put up with much. Also, ND is up-tempo, plays man-to-man D and has tons of athletes to do it. Shepard will have to be in shape.

Yeah, the more I think about the more I am all = :eek:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

Meh. To me this demonstrates Muffet's desperation to beat Geno. She ran her mouth a lot last year preseason, and didn't deliver. Also shows how desperate all coaches are for quality bigs these days.

Reactions: kcdc4isu

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
I hope it works out for her. I really do. But, whether the necessary changes can be made is open for debate. Personally, I think she is headed for role player duty with an occasional yet infrequent good showing.

Nebraska women's and men's basketball both headed for the shi**er for a few years, it appears. Lots of players leaving from both programs.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Jessica Shepard was granted a waiver to play immediately. What BS. Gosh, what ISU could do this year if Middleton could play right away....Must be nice to be Irish.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...-tricky-growing-part-women-college-basketball

Let me get this straight. She chases her head coach out of town and then is granted a waiver to transfer by the NCAA? Did the Nebraska coach give her something in writing that she wasn't welcome on the team anymore? If so, how is that grounds for a waiver? Didn't ISU MBB have a couple of players who were told that it was best if they found somewhere else to play? I don't remember any of them getting a free pass from the NCAA.

NCAApocrisy at its finest.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Best part of the article:

Although the waiver is helping the Irish this season, McGraw said she doesn't want to see women's basketball have a one-time transfer exception -- where anyone can transfer once without sitting out -- as exists in NCAA Division I sports except for football (bowl subdivision), men's and women's hoops, baseball and men's ice hockey.

"I hope not," McGraw said. "Because with 400 transfers this year, and then to say it's an open gate and you can play right away? I think there would be at least double that. It's really hard on the teams that lose people. It takes two years to recover from it, and it puts you in a tough situation trying to fill out a roster."

I don't like the rule unless it benefits me is what she is really saying. I think if a waiver is granted, the NCAA should be required to explain it's decision, and "personal reasons" should not be an option.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Best part of the article:

Although the waiver is helping the Irish this season, McGraw said she doesn't want to see women's basketball have a one-time transfer exception -- where anyone can transfer once without sitting out -- as exists in NCAA Division I sports except for football (bowl subdivision), men's and women's hoops, baseball and men's ice hockey.

"I hope not," McGraw said. "Because with 400 transfers this year, and then to say it's an open gate and you can play right away? I think there would be at least double that. It's really hard on the teams that lose people. It takes two years to recover from it, and it puts you in a tough situation trying to fill out a roster."

I don't like the rule unless it benefits me is what she is really saying. I think if a waiver is granted, the NCAA should be required to explain it's decision, and "personal reasons" should not be an option.

Agree what a bunch of hypocritical BS she is spouting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron