John Sears wants IA to start giving out “freebies” again at embarassing Carver

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
When you've outsourced your brain to the Iowa athletic department

Wow....

I've always marveled at Iowa fans ability to **** on us with one hand for being "lesser" due our ag based programs and tear up into the other thinking of how supportive that little sticker on the helmets is to the same thing they're shitting on.

It's fascinating really.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Wow....

I've always marveled at Iowa fans ability to **** on us with one hand for being "lesser" due our ag based programs and tear up into the other thinking of how supportive that little sticker on the helmets is to the same thing they're shitting on.

It's fascinating really.
Hok fans are special.... 1642178504400.png

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
ROFL. Boomer Alert! Boomer Alert! I will put songs like this on in cowboy bars just to get rid of the people who aren't cool. My favorite is putting on a Between the Buried and Me 15 minute death metal epic. Always be sure to put in $30 so that other people have to out bid you to get ahead of your song queue.

A tip of the cap to you my friend.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Wow....

It's fascinating really.

Our rival high school here in Iowa used to make fun of us for being farmers and hicks. Their district bordered ours and the makeup of their district was basically the same.

Sports makes people do really dumb things.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Wow....

It's fascinating really.
Keep in mind, these are the same people who think Hawkeye Vodka has a direct association to the athletic department at the UofI.

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
On that same topic, can anybody explain to me what the whole ANF thing actually did for struggling farmers? I know people who were unaware of the 80's farm crisis became more aware, but did it actually DO anything? Did they make money that went to family farmers struggling with mortgage and equipment payments? I realize today, it's a gimmick to sell merch and whatnot, but what did the 80's version actually do to truly help those struggling?

I'm more than happy to eat crow on this, I honestly don't know.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
On that same topic, can anybody explain to me what the whole ANF thing actually did for struggling farmers? I know people who were unaware of the 80's farm crisis became more aware, but did it actually DO anything? Did they make money that went to family farmers struggling with mortgage and equipment payments? I realize today, it's a gimmick to sell merch and whatnot, but what did the 80's version actually do to truly help those struggling?

It was to bring attention to the struggling farmer. That's all. Today it's nothing more than marketing to sell ****.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

It made Farm Bureau a lot of money and they probably donated 1% back.
Anyone in ag knows Extension does 100x more for a farmer than ANF.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

It helped cotton farmers that supply t-shirt manufacturers.... ;)

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Watched the Indiana game last night on TV and I swear you could hear the players shoes squeak during the first half. Quite the game day atmosphere. I'm guessing the coaching staff is very picky about which games they host recruits.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Watched the Indiana game last night on TV and I swear you could hear the players shoes squeak during the first half. Quite the game day atmosphere. I'm guessing the coaching staff is very picky about which games they host recruits.

I had it on the radio and you could hear Fran very clearly on several occasions, which was certainly interesting.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I swore I could hear a lot of knitting needles hitting the floor.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Hint: If you have to pay or bribe people to consume your product, your product likely sucks.

For Iowa it is sort of like an auction. You know when an auctioneer can’t find a buyer for a pile of crap. He offers more sheet to get some fool to take it.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Wow....

It's fascinating really.

Ooo-Ooo-Ooo! Umm...Wayne Morgan?!

Reactions: RezClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron