John Sears wants IA to start giving out “freebies” again at embarassing Carver

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Outside of a small core, Iowa fans are frontrunners, and if the teams aren't near the top of the rankings people are just making a calculation to not watch them in person. This is not unique to UofI it is pretty much the standard at most places since the advent of HDTV.

Iowa State is actually among a very few teams that has seen increasing attendance at football and maintained good numbers in men's basketball despite a rough go of it the last couple years. They are in the top 1% of support of women's basketball win or lose. It is a better fan culture in Ames. Even more impressive considering they built much of it in the TV era.

Reactions: RezClone

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Outside of a small core, Iowa fans are frontrunners, and if the teams aren't near the top of the rankings people are just making a calculation to not watch them in person. This is not unique to UofI it is pretty much the standard at most places since the advent of HDTV.

Iowa State is actually among a very few teams that has seen increasing attendance at football and maintained good numbers in men's basketball despite a rough go of it the last couple years. They are in the top 1% of support of women's basketball win or lose. It is a better fan culture in Ames. Even more impressive considering they built much of it in the TV era.
"Iowa State people" are so thoroughly bought-in at every level from every walk of life. It's tough to appreciate (or fully comprehend) casually or from the outside.

Source: grew up a Hok fan in a hok family until I went to ISU. It really is a big difference in mentality.

• Winner
Reactions: Die4Cy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Maybe people should be more thankful when they go around blasting our lack of donors.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
"Iowa State people" are so thoroughly bought-in at every level from every walk of life. It's tough to appreciate (or fully comprehend) casually or from the outside.

Source: grew up a Hok fan in a hok family until I went to ISU. It really is a big difference in mentality.

I don't really intend to make it an Iowa-ISU thing, like I said, if you look around what they experience over there is the norm.

Reactions: RezClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
From the Athletic (poll on Carver):

Nearly 78 percent of respondents view it as mediocre at best with nearly 41 percent believing it’s below average or poor. That’s astounding for a program this year that won the Big Ten Tournament title, ranked fifth nationally in points per game (83.2) and had its first NBA Draft lottery pick (Keegan Murray) in school history.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Was figuring when this bumped he was taking CW’s spot on the radio for his “clown” takes

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Huge Road Win?

It was totally forgotten when the final buzzer went off.

Reactions: mj4cy