John Sears wants IA to start giving out “freebies” again at embarassing Carver

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Not saying he is not a good player, but he is not a 4****. #150 national, 4**** rankings stop at #120 so not really on the cusp either.

View attachment 94181

Franisdaman is the biggest douche on HR when it comes to BBall recruits for Iowa. The guy must type with one hand and his other hand is under under the table lord doing who knows what.

He also busted his nuts over ISM scoring a TD for Minnesota yesterday.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Going to a cowboy bar and putting that on just honestly makes you an *******.

Many many moons ago some football players didn't like the music we had on in the old Cave Inn bar. They unplugged the machine and looked at everyone to see who might object. Ah, and nobody said anything.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Makes sense if you haven’t made even a sweet 16 in 20+ years, no regular season big 10 titles and one big 10 tournament title in that time.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
ROFL. Boomer Alert! Boomer Alert! I will put songs like this on in cowboy bars just to get rid of the people who aren't cool. My favorite is putting on a Between the Buried and Me 15 minute death metal epic. Always be sure to put in $30 so that other people have to out bid you to get ahead of your song queue.

I would love to go to you your bar and play a mix… Steppenwolf, really bring’em in with Carpenters (ha), than Grand Funk, what’s his name Boone, and perhaps Elvis. With an exciting closure of Bach

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Iowa lost 2,000 fans because of Pierre. 2,000 fans because of Licklighter or whatever his name is and they are not coming back. I'm guessing that Fran is the only coach to have won 20 games in a season seven times and no sweet 16s. If that doesn't tell you about the quality of play in the Big 10 nothing will.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Many many moons ago some football players didn't like the music we had on in the old Cave Inn bar. They unplugged the machine and looked at everyone to see who might object. Ah, and nobody said anything.

One of them pulled the water fountain off the wall at the now imploded Storms Hall. Apparently deemed the water pressure inadequate. We had the football dining room in the Knapp/ Storms dining hall too.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I prefer her new band

f764fccb-46e7-45b1-977f-0b9ca4449ca4_text.gif

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I would love to go to you your bar and play a mix… Steppenwolf, really bring’em in with Carpenters (ha), than Grand Funk, what’s his name Boone, and perhaps Elvis. With an exciting closure of Bach
That all sounds better than "Bro Country'.

• Haha
Reactions: cyputz

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Iowa BB is like dating a woman that is a tease. Just when you think you are going to get something, she always gets a headache, had a bad day at the office, or is just not in the mood. Last season they got up to #3 in the nation, and then crash and burn and win nothing.
They have not had a likeable coach since they asked Davis to leave. Few students at the game because half of them are from Illinois and while they may go to FB games to cheer, they could care less about EIU BB, and are rooting for their home state school that is halfway decent.

When old Roy Carver donated a large chunk of the money to build the building that bears his name, he could not have cared less about BB, he was building a wrestling facility first and foremost that could also double as a home for the bb teams. The parking around the arena is horrible, you start at the top ground level and walk down to your seats, and they made a deal with the big donors to give money and set close to the action, and those people are just there to be seen and not really big on being bothered to cheer. Throw in the fact the Big 10 has screwed them over with only 3 weekend home games and most weekday games start at 8:00 PM the fan base is checking out.

I love it, and the whole deal could not happen to a more deserving fan base, screw EIU.

Last edited:

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
My old man was a manager and mom made pizza in the kitchen. Always curious if I'll meet someone who worked them.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Iowa BB is like dating a woman that is a tease. Just when you think you are going to get something, she always gets a headache, had a bad day at the office, or is just not in the mood. Last season they got up to #3 in the nation, and then crash and burn and win nothing.
They have not had a likeable coach since they asked Davis to leave. Few students at the game because half of them are from Illinois and while they make go to FB games to cheer, they could care less about EIU BB, and are rooting for their home state school that is halfway decent.

When old Roy Carver donated a large chunk of the money to build the building that bears his name, he could not have cared less about BB, he was building a wrestling facility first and foremost that could also double as a home for the bb teams. The parking around the arena is horrible, you start at the top ground level and walk down to your seats, and they made a deal with the big donors to give money and set close to the action, and those people are just there to be seen and not really big on being bothered to cheer. Throw in the fact the Big 10 has screwed them over with only 3 weekend home games and most weekday games start at 8:00 PM the fan base is checking out.

I love it, and the whole deal could not happen to a more deserving fan base, screw EIU.

That has literally never happened to me. Ever.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa lost 2,000 fans because of Pierre. 2,000 fans because of Licklighter or whatever his name is and they are not coming back. I'm guessing that Fran is the only coach to have won 20 games in a season seven times and no sweet 16s. If that doesn't tell you about the quality of play in the Big 10 nothing will.
Pierre didn’t have anything to do with the apathetic basketball fanbase. It’s having an average basketball team that’s not fun to watch and no changes being made. Fran hasn’t made a single change since he’s been there.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pierre didn’t have anything to do with the apathetic basketball fanbase. It’s having an average basketball team that’s not fun to watch and no changes being made. Fran hasn’t made a single change since he’s been there.
He went into prisons to recruit.