JTS construction webcam?

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I was just looking through the photo archive and noticed on 8/13/14 there is a make-shift tent structure overlooking a test-pile. Typically, after the test pile loading is complete and the data is analyzed the piers can get shorter in depth. The result of this is a credit back to the General Contractor and the Owner (Iowa State in this case) and also will speed along the installation as the drill depth is shorter and more piers can be completed in a day's work.

Anybody know if the piers got shorter as a result of the test pile?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I was just looking through the photo archive and noticed on 8/13/14 there is a make-shift tent structure overlooking a test-pile. Typically, after the test pile loading is complete and the data is analyzed the piers can get shorter in depth. The result of this is a credit back to the General Contractor and the Owner (Iowa State in this case) and also will speed along the installation as the drill depth is shorter and more piers can be completed in a day's work.

Anybody know if the piers got shorter as a result of the test pile?

I think you know more about what is going on than anyone else here.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm not associated with this project in any way but figured there is somebody from the General Contractor (Neumann), Construction Manager (Weitz), or ISU that could fill us in.

I know a guy in charge of scheduling the timing of all the different aspects of this project and he told me quite a bit a couple weeks ago. However, most of what he was telling me went over my head.

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
scottie - I haven't understood even half of the technical details in your last few posts, but for some reason they get me jacked and I just want to sit and watch the webcam. Keep the information and hypothesis machine flowing!

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'm watching the feed on my phone, but I believe the slab for the first hot tub has been laid.

Again it's hard to tell on this phone so I'm taking an educated quess

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
It is 3pm on a summer Tuesday, and the south video board is running some sort of slides.

I imagine the A/V folk are testing things...or maybe they found enough CF people were watching the webcam they could sell advertising?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
scottie - I haven't understood even half of the technical details in your last few posts, but for some reason they get me jacked and I just want to sit and watch the webcam. Keep the information and hypothesis machine flowing!

Haha. I agree. I don't understand most of this stuff, but I love reading it!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Anybody know the plan for the south entrance? Will we be able to come in there for the endzone section? Or will we need to come in from the sides?

Also, can somebody confirm that the "steps" going east/west down the middle of the hillsides are staircases for getting to the endzone section? They don't look very safe. From a distance, they don't look level and it looks like some of the forms are better filled with rock than others. Maybe they are going to put some concrete over the rock.

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames
Anybody know the plan for the south entrance? Will we be able to come in there for the endzone section? Or will we need to come in from the sides?

Also, can somebody confirm that the "steps" going east/west down the middle of the hillsides are staircases for getting to the endzone section? They don't look very safe. From a distance, they don't look level and it looks like some of the forms are better filled with rock than others. Maybe they are going to put some concrete over the rock.

There will be temporary ramps built that come from the south entrance up to the concourses on either side. There are some "ISU gameday policy" signs up next to a couple of the construction gates that will be available for entry.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Are we supposed to be happy that the erection feel short of expectations?

e1db759ae4da2c4210043ac1ee0c71720bfb5a85794101894d6fb937a2b70c8d.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
There will be temporary ramps built that come from the south entrance up to the concourses on either side. There are some "ISU gameday policy" signs up next to a couple of the construction gates that will be available for entry.

Thanks. This is the first informed thoughts I have heard on the issue.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm watching the feed on my phone, but I believe the slab for the first hot tub has been laid.

Again it's hard to tell on this phone so I'm taking an educated quess
They aren't in-ground hot tubs? What kind of amateur hour production is this?