JTS Improvements - Want More

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
YUP. And I'd bet they pay their teachers 35K/yr even though they can somehow afford a 35M stadium.

It's evident early on. I've got 2 kids - one is a good athlete and has a wall full of trophies. The other kid is exceptional at being kind, empathic, and caring. The things that matter most in life are not rewarded.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It's evident early on. I've got 2 kids - one is a good athlete and has a wall full of trophies. The other kid is exceptional at being kind, empathic, and caring. The things that matter most in life are not rewarded.
Amen. The qualities that can make you an exceptional athlete can also make you someone who's not very fun to be around, and the qualities that can make you a wonderful human being can make it hard to be a successful athlete.

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

So how many people are going to complain about not being able to set-up/put stuff between the red lines? I'm not a big tailgater so doesn't really bother me much but I have seen where fights almost occur with people trying to get their vehicle through the lots to find a parking stall so it probably is needed. Now ISU also needs to have enough staff within the lots to enforce it though.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
So how many people are going to complain about not being able to set-up/put stuff between the red lines? I'm not a big tailgater so doesn't really bother me much but I have seen where fights almost occur with people trying to get their vehicle through the lots to find a parking stall so it probably is needed. Now ISU also needs to have enough staff within the lots to enforce it though.
It's a smart idea, cheap way to have a visual indicator of where you can and cannot put stuff. I doubt it'll be an issue, do people really extend their tailgate all the way into the driving area?

Reactions: Drew0311

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
So how many people are going to complain about not being able to set-up/put stuff between the red lines? I'm not a big tailgater so doesn't really bother me much but I have seen where fights almost occur with people trying to get their vehicle through the lots to find a parking stall so it probably is needed. Now ISU staff also needs to have enough staff there to enforce it though.

Oh, it'll happen. Not a lot of courtesy when it comes to parking.

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yep. Time-honored tradition to park near the end of a row, set up all the tailgating stuff in the aisle, and block access to the empty spots in the middle of a row.
Like the sun rising in the East…..

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
By the time we get to late Oct and Nov, there are plenty of empty spaces to spread your tailgate out. Once the beer starts to flow, I'm not so sure the red lines will matter that much. It will all depend on how it is enforced. The first few games in Sept will tell.

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
Does anyone know the length of the parking stalls out to the red line? I’m trying to get an idea about how much space I’ll have behind my car.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Does anyone know the length of the parking stalls out to the red line? I’m trying to get an idea about how much space I’ll have behind my car.
It likely won't be a whole lot different than what we are used to. The difference will be to stay behind or up to the line. It looks like the red lines are big enough for 1 car to get through. It's just a matter of having it look neater for the late arrivers.