Kansas at West Virginia

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Agreed. And if you don't think our fan base complains (a lot) about the officiating, especially in a loss, just go back and read the game threads...

Every fanbase complains about officiating (a lot)... I don't think anyone is disputing that we don't ***** about it. I just think people are relishing watching the holier than thou fans that kansas has acting like everyone else.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Remember... KU fans will boo bad calls that go FOR them too.... because, you know, they are the most knowledgeable.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Oh, we complain about refs as much as anybody. There shouldn't be any question about that.
I don't always mind, since refs aren't really people, but we do it as much as anyone.

Even gingers say "Big 12 Refs have no souls". And they would know, because you always know your own.

Sorry Blum, but ginger refs? That's a double whammy.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
The meltdown by KU fans on twitter & Sports radio in KC is awesome. They are just ripping Perry Ellis apart.
That shows just how knowledgeable their fans are. Ellis was the only reason they were keeping a lead for the last 2 minutes of the game.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
If we tie for first and WVU is in second place... we swept them... KU split .... it does open up another possibility. :)

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
This is a gem... because someone with better BBall knowledge once told me the aggressors get less calls.

Ummm, no. WVU coming in was averaging more fouls and more free throws given than anyone else in the league.WVU was called for ONLY 15 fouls tonight and KU ONLY shot 11 free throws. That's almost half of WVU's average during conference play.
That's a difference in how a game is called. Simple as that.
Now, did that cost KU the game? Hard to say.
KU probably should have been up by 10 or more going into the last 2 minutes, but an uncalled shot clock violation at 8:30, the non-call on the blatant travel by Staten, and the non-call on Seldon's put back after the Ellis miss sure didn't help.
I would put good money on the game in AFH NOT being called similarly to tonight's, and KU will likely shoot 30 free throws and win by 20+.
The team is probably feeling like someone stole something that belonged to them right now. I don't suspect they will forget that the next couple of weeks.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
The espn interview with Staten is amazing. He is panting like a dog - kid played balls to the wall and it payed off. Hope he wins B12 player of the year.
It really was awesome. I felt for the kid after watching it. "This is why I came back for my Senior season." Holly propping him up. Really great stuff.

If we tie for first and WVU is in second place... we swept them... KU split .... it does open up another possibility. :)
If we win out and WVU wins out, we get the 1 seed. Go Mountaineers.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Remember when Tuco said KU would have beat ISU in Hilton but Self decided to "teach Alexander a lesson" instead?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Staten won that game by himself. Props to him. Also great job of KU to get the look that they did. Looks like Ellis rushed it a little but 9 of 10 times he makes it.
Just shows how hard it is to win on the road for the Big Monday games.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
KU and WVU can't both win out since they play each other 1 more time.

Ahhh I see what you did. Well in his post-game interview Staten did steal last year's UK tournament motto, by saying "we're gunna shock the world."

Go Mountaineers!!!????

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Agreed. And if you don't think our fan base complains (a lot) about the officiating, especially in a loss, just go back and read the game threads...
I really don't think anybody disagrees with this. Folks are mocking ku fans making fun of our booing....because they think their **** don't stink.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I watched the game and before the game started I heard the announcers say that Self commented that "They only had a 30 minute practice before they had to fly to WV". I turned to my spouse and said "Oh look, Billy is already making excuses if they lose this one".

Then at half time I said "If KU loses this game, KU will never play a big Monday at WV again because of the travel involved there".

KU lost, I predict Billy will makes sure they never play there again on big monday. BOOK IT. :v_SPIN: