Kansas at West Virginia

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I'm not saying we don't have reasons or that KU isn't going off right now, but keep it in perspective. If you read a game thread on here when we're down by 5 or more, you would see at least 45% of the posts blaming it all on the refs. I understand all fanbases do it, but the comments in this thread and others make it sounds like our **** don't stink, and it certainly as hell does.

All fanbases ***** about the refs when they lose, we are no exception.

I ***** about the refs during any game.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm not saying we don't have reasons or that KU isn't going off right now, but keep it in perspective. If you read a game thread on here when we're down by 5 or more, you would see at least 45% of the posts blaming it all on the refs. I understand all fanbases do it, but the comments in this thread and others make it sounds like our **** don't stink, and it certainly as hell does.

Go to bed.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Ellis's defense was just as awful on Staten's layup. He took off for the sideline on the spin leaving the middle WIDE open.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
They are refs. Of course people will complain about their job. And they gave WVU a couple huge calls in this one. But this was against KU so I be like:

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Last edited:

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

I think most are saying in jest, a mock of KU fans calling us Boo U. Kind of like when we tell Iowa fans it is their super bowl just to **** them off using their insult on them. My little brother used to do that to me.... and while little brotherish, I must say, it was a highly effective little brother trolling tactic.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Ahem....speak for yourself, Mr. Jeremy. Your **** may stink, but mine does not. I have poopourri.

http://www.poopourri.com/

Get yours at amazon.com!

http://www.amazon.com/Poo-Pourri-Be...TF8&qid=1424148605&sr=8-1&keywords=poo+pourri

:wink:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'd welcome any KU fans into the ref haters club. Because the refs are terrible.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
In the closing minutes WVU got a FG on a pretty obvious shot clock expiration and Staten had a couple extra steps there at the end. So if they are complaining about those calls, they're right. Those were blown calls.

Lucky for KU, they've pretty much taken care of business all year on the road so losing this one hurts but probably doesn't affect their chances at a (shared!!) title.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
KU keeps leaving the door open. Unfortunately, ISU keeps running into the door jam.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
The espn interview with Staten is amazing. He is panting like a dog - kid played balls to the wall and it payed off. Hope he wins B12 player of the year.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
What's the problem? It's not like WVU shot a dead ball three and the refs let it stand.

Suck it, beakers.

(Ten years after the incident. You say "All that hate is gonna burn you up, CYlent Bob." I say " It keeps me warm.")

Last edited:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Sounds good, spewing reality in a world of BS is tiring. Look, I love our fans, they're the best in the world, but I'm a realist and will always be honest.

Agreed. And if you don't think our fan base complains (a lot) about the officiating, especially in a loss, just go back and read the game threads...