***Kansas NCAA ruling***

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Probation, oh no! Thank goodness they didn't get DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION.

What a joke. The dumbest thing was anyone expecting it would come out any other way. No one protects its brands like the NCAA.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

Goes to show the ncaa cares about $$. The tournament is a huge revenue producer for the ncaa. The ncaa knows they need a big name basketball school (Kansas) in the tournament

At this point, may as well allow players to gamble on their sport. There’s no integrity left

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I firmly believe that the NCAA makes these decisions knowing that if they bring the hammer down, they'll be tied up in lawsuits for the next several years. I do think the NCAA is a pushover, but I also think that they have the foresight to know what would be on the horizon if they did what they should do.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Vacating wins has always been dumb imo. We saw Louisville win the title in 2013, regardless of what the NCAA says. We saw Kansas in the Final Four in 2018. That doesn't move the needle at all.

Yeah, programs build and sustain themselves off fan engagement and excitement that comes from going on runs like that. You can take away text in a record book but it won't remove any of the actual benefits a violating school got from that in terms of how much the fans enjoyed those experiences, how much the school benefitted financially from those wins, etc.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Should surprise nobody. We've always known that if KU was going to get the hammer it would have to be the FBI that swings it because the NCAA has never had the guts to nail the bluebloods to the wall. And it doesn't really seem like the FBI is all that interested anymore, either.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Should surprise nobody. We've always known that if KU was going to get the hammer it would have to be the FBI that swings it because the NCAA has never had the guts to nail the bluebloods to the wall. And it doesn't really seem like the FBI is all that interested anymore, either.

Hmmm.... reminds me of the Iowa DCI.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Not shocked at all, KU and UNC figured it out, disregard the NCAA, have nothing to do with their investigation, and lawyer up and take them to court. While schools like Oky State get screwed trying to be honest and truthful.

Just like the rest of America, the wealthy run the show and we pay the bills.

• Agree
Reactions: irish and 2Xclone

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Not shocked at all, KU and UNC figured it out, disregard the NCAA, have nothing to do with their investigation, and lawyer up and take them to court. While schools like Oky State get screwed trying to be honest and truthful.

Just like the rest of America, the wealthy run the show and we pay the bills.

Yep. Knew this was coming (not).

It does not matter to me. KU is a cheating school, proven. So anytime their fans want to brag about their Final 4 or Champs, or consecutive Big 12 titles, I will simply respond, "Cheaters!".

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Just for record......a school can openly have fake classes and pass kids with no real penalties. (North Carolina)
A school/coach can openly talk about paying players while recorded by the FBI and still no real penalties.
Results may vary based on school name.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron