Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Prohm was a good PG recruiter, but I wouldn't say good recruiter overall. There were a ton of misses both at the HS level and transfers. He was also in over his head as a coach. He is one of those guys that kind of lucked into a good situation at Murray St after Kennedy left, then turned stepped into a good situation at ISU with what Fred left. But I mean just look at Murray since he took back over.

Coaching 4 nba point guards in a short time frame can really make it impossible to judge a coach. Monte as a senior was as close to coach on the floor as you’d ever see.

Nowell may not be as good in nba as Monte because I think he’s even smaller but almost any coach would have had success last March with him on the team the way he was playing.

There might have been a little of this with our Tinsley/Horton backcourt but I also think getting Tinsley dialed in was a different proposition than Morris.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Coach Jerome Tang’s Purple P****** did get a huge win. But most KS teams are gonna get up for KU at home.

Provo will be a terrible place to play after that kind of emotional high

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
No I just think we can move on from him. I liked him as a person but I can't deny the results weren't good. Maybe you weren't the right person to come at over this but I just roll my eyes at all the bad coach = Prohm analogies.
I agree. I think we should move on from the Prohm bashing. Beating up on former coaches is not something I do a lot of and wasn't the overall intent of my post. I was just commenting on the comparison to Tang because I thought it was off base. Probably could have done without the added commentary of his career at ISU.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Coach Jerome Tang’s Purple P****** did get a huge win. But most KS teams are gonna get up for KU at home.

Provo will be a terrible place to play after that kind of emotional high
Wow that’s another conundrum over which team pisses me off more.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow that’s another conundrum over which team pisses me off more.

My current least fav teams:
1. KSU by a mile
2. Utah still hanging onto “truckstop”
3. Texas
4. OU
5. KU (on a hate break)

Fran ball is too permanently mediocre to care about Iowa. BYU I actually like how excited they are to be in big 12 even though we had that one psycho fan here who bragged they had “thousands” of football trophies.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
1. KSU by a mile
3. Texas
4. OU
5. KU (on a hate break)

Fran ball is too permanently mediocre to care about Iowa. BYU I actually like how excited they are to be in big 12 even though we had that one psycho fan here who bragged they had “thousands” of football trophies.
I can’t get over the racist crap directed at one of my all time favorites, Melvin Ejim.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
1. KSU by a mile
3. Texas
4. OU
5. KU (on a hate break)

I don't hate KSU as much as I just have no respect for Tang anymore after the BS stuff that happened here. KSU and ISU is a pretty good rivalry in both FB and BB these days and KSU has had some coaches over the years you can respect but Tang crossed the line and hasn't shown any remorse so my anger is more at him and not the school in general. As for my least favorite BB teams:

1. KU and I don't see any scenario where this ever changes even when Self is finally gone. Most entitled and obnoxious bunch of fans in college sports that have never experienced what a true "down year" really is. My hope that sometime in my lifetime I get to experience them missing the NCAA tournament and not because they were ineligble for the postseason the last time that happened in the 1988-89 season due to Larry Brown's recruiting violations as they still won 19 games back then. The last time they had a losing record and missed the postseason was 1982-83 when they went 13-16 then hired Larry brown and won 22 games the next season. I was technically 3 years old at the time but I obviously don't remember it so just once I would love to see their fans suffer through a losing season. I hate to say this but I probably hate KU basketball more than I do Nebraska football, it's close but at least Nebraska football has gone through some losing times.

2. Texas - don't let the door hit you on the way out! HORNS DOWN!
3. Iowa - it's still Iowa so don't care if they have been stuck in underachieving mediocrity since pushing Tom Davis out their fans still annoy me
4 & 5 - Duke and North Carolina. Probably just because they are traditional bluebloods that always seem to push the envelope when it comes to ethics.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't hate KSU as much as I just have no respect for Tang anymore after the BS stuff that happened here. KSU and ISU is a pretty good rivalry in both FB and BB these days and KSU has had some coaches over the years you can respect but Tang crossed the line and hasn't shown any remorse so my anger is more at him and not the school in general. As for my least favorite BB teams:

1. KU and I don't see any scenario where this ever changes even when Self is finally gone. Most entitled and obnoxious bunch of fans in college sports that have never experienced what a true "down year" really is. My hope that sometime in my lifetime I get to experience them missing the NCAA tournament and not because they were ineligble for the postseason the last time that happened in the 1988-89 season due to Larry Brown's recruiting violations as they still won 19 games back then. The last time they had a losing record and missed the postseason was 1982-83 when they went 13-16 then hired Larry brown and won 22 games the next season. I was technically 3 years old at the time but I obviously don't remember it so just once I would love to see their fans suffer through a losing season. I hate to say this but I probably hate KU basketball more than I do Nebraska football, it's close but at least Nebraska football has gone through some losing times.

2. Texas - don't let the door hit you on the way out! HORNS DOWN!
3. Iowa - it's still Iowa so don't care if they have been stuck in underachieving mediocrity since pushing Tom Davis out their fans still annoy me
4 & 5 - Duke and North Carolina. Probably just because they are traditional bluebloods that always seem to push the envelope when it comes to ethics.

I watch a lot of highlights on Youtube and the KSU fan comments in the videos are enough to keep them #1 for me for a long time. It happened fast, but it's a strong effect. I didn't even enjoy KU losing last night and that has never happened.

The average KSU comment about Tang ending court storming is just absolutely vomit inducing. Their fans are total morons about the guy.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
1. KSU by a mile
3. Texas
4. OU
5. KU (on a hate break)

Whar' the hokeyes?

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Okay...
jps9j3u.gif
Thank you.

Reactions: VeloClone

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Just not very interesting at all compared to Big 12 teams. Maybe in a decade or two they'll get a coach to bring program back to life.

They still need to be on any ISU fan's list, even when buried in mediocracy, especially to those of us living in Iowa. The media and their fans start to get mouthy if they're on a run in the NIT or even make a play-in game for the tourney. They still treat our game as their super bowl.