Not open for further replies.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
One more comment - is karma to apply more what a person has posted as a body of work or karma for that particular post?

I am ahead of clone jers!

I think the karma is more for their body of work, Wesley - that is one of the reasons you can modify the karma you've given someone.

Thanks, Cyclone62 - that's exactly the type of feedback I think is needed.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Test Update

I did a formula to lower the rep values to a more moderate level and am TESTING the images but don't know what people think of them. I think Karma and Rep both have pros and cons but they can be redundant at the same time. Karma is a number given as an average by the other members - you can change your rating of somebody if your opinion of them changes. Rep is a weighted rating based on individual posts/threads/etc.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Jeremy,
I like it much better like that, without the images. Just give us the number.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I actually altered the formulas and coding so the number should stay much lower and not get so inflated.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Jeremy,
I like it much better like that, without the images. Just give us the number.

Thanks for the feedback! I think it's looking much better and more reasonable. Karma for overall body of work and rep for individual post feedback with comments. Simple and effective.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I actually altered the formulas and coding so the number should stay much lower and not get so inflated.

It would probably also be beneficial to put a "cap" on the max amount of rep any one person can give out, say 10k or so.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Test Update

I did a formula to lower the rep values to a more moderate level and am TESTING the images but don't know what people think of them. I think Karma and Rep both have pros and cons but they can be redundant at the same time. Karma is a number given as an average by the other members - you can change your rating of somebody if your opinion of them changes. Rep is a weighted rating based on individual posts/threads/etc.

And I was finally only a few thousand away from a million. Thanks...thnx a lot:realmad:

Seriously, though...I like the changing ability because I may dislike something they say but see that they are -1300000000 rep because of that 1 post and I don't even bother giving them neg rep. But I can give them bad karma and look it up later and change it if I saw they posted something I liked or agreed with.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
2 bugs I have seen so far. The PM message for the rep # is still the super inflated version. And in your user CP it shows the old multi million rep.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Jeremy will take a look at this tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I woild suggest that be applied in both directions - positive and negative.

I'd agree. Once I started getting a lot of rep power, I was hesitant to rep posts, either positive or negative, since you can swing someone so quickly. Someone's first post might get them 400k+ of rep if Angie were to rep them, for instance. Once you hit a certain mark, limiting it to a certain number will help that.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Please tell me we are not adopting other aspects of Eastern mysticism:

Reincarnation- banned board trolls get new life

Yoga- Cyclones have bad loss, CF members are required to only post "Ommm" for remainder of the day

-Cyclone fight song changed to "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison...14,000 fans in Hilton are required to chant "Hare Krishna" in the background.

-Walking tacos bags now served empty in recognition of Gandhi's hunger strike.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
It makes me feel like He-Man...
heman_orko.jpg

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Maybe I just miss the point of rep and karma and all but I think it just gets in the way of everything else and serves as a point of conflict.

Once you've been on the board for awhile you get to recognize the different posters and their styles and attitudes. You form your own opinions of who has good insight, who can make you laugh, and who thinks the sky is falling. I don't think we need a system to try to quantitatively measure that.

I do appreciate the option of opting out which I have done as a precaution of the impending madness :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.