Kayden Fish going portaling

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Whomever said borderline freshman these days should start at a mid major is correct. No reason to go to a loaded team like Iowa State. Maybe start at Iowa and then transfer up to Iowa State

Hamilton in particular is a type that if he went to a midmajor and averaged 10 points on good %, he’d be getting some NIL to move up. If not this year, next.

Spring recruiting has urgency. Better to be a freshman at a midmajor putting up some numbers and stuff on tape, than be a freshman a staff knows for sure is not there yet

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Whomever said borderline freshman these days should start at a mid major is correct. No reason to go to a loaded team like Iowa State. Maybe start at Iowa and then transfer up to Iowa State

Was ISU considered loaded going into the year? I thought we had a few seniors and a lot of unknowns beyond the pg position. So there absolutely was opportunity to earn yourself a spot for next year. Just a couple of other guys took a step forward and grabbed those spots.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Was ISU considered loaded going into the year? I thought we had a few seniors and a lot of unknowns beyond the pg position. So there absolutely was opportunity to earn yourself a spot for next year. Just a couple of other guys took a step forward and grabbed those spots.
Good point. We were picked 7th in the league and considered a buble team before the season. Lots of new faces. Hardly what you would consider loaded.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Good point. We were picked 7th in the league and considered a buble team before the season. Lots of new faces. Hardly what you would consider loaded.
And a freshman recruited by a P5 school isn’t thinking they are borderline. And as a coach you wouldn’t want them to think that way. I’m guessing Otz has had the exit interviews, which is why we’re seeing these transfers. I wish them all luck at their next schools.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don’t mean any disrespect to any of these 3 players…. I’m sure they are all great kids, and represented ISU very well, but IMO every one of these will be a case of addition by subtraction.

Just really excited to see who we go get.

• Agree
Reactions: rosshm16 and Jdk