Keys to victory against Frogs

WhatTheFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hey WTF,
Curious question. Speaking of Big 12, Were Frog fans on board with adding Houston to the Big12 when we had our circus?

My take on the fan forum is that the majority didn't really want to expand. Houston is just another TX team that would compete in recruiting and not add any value with television ratings. There are a lot of Texas school eyes already in that market.

It appears that, if the Big 12 were to expand, bringing back former members would be ideal (Arkansas and Nebraska being the most mentioned). Neither have been relevant since leaving the SWC/Big 12.

WhatTheFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Saying ISU won't be able to stop the TCU run game is a bit of a bold statement considering that the Cyclones are #2 in the conference behind the Frogs in rush defense.

I think we're in a for a slobberknocker of a game.

I think you're right. This should turn out to be one hell of a game.

I don't THINK TCU will blitz a ton, but I could be wrong. I think TCU will man up receivers and zone on top of that. I see at least one pick for the TCU defense, but ISU will probably get one as well.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
My take on the fan forum is that the majority didn't really want to expand. Houston is just another TX team that would compete in recruiting and not add any value with television ratings. There are a lot of Texas school eyes already in that market.

It appears that, if the Big 12 were to expand, bringing back former members would be ideal (Arkansas and Nebraska being the most mentioned). Neither have been relevant since leaving the SWC/Big 12.
Yup, bring in new markets or old markets, that means new states. Really want the North and south divisions back.

MrApathy

Aug 7, 2006
One key to victory will be getting into the TCU quarterbacks head

I would love to hear this after a INT by Clones on D

for any turnover by other team it would be nice to hear Janes Addiction been caught stealing.
Its mine, mine oh mine.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
TCU will make Kempt beat them.

Not sure I believe that can happen.

That's why the play the games, though.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

WhatTheFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Well, a lot of what I predicted happened. I wasn't expecting the penalties and turnovers, though. I also can't believe we played man on those receivers as much as we did. Texada had the one PI penalty, though I figured he would have more. Maybe it's because they switched him off of Lazard. TCU made the run game mostly ineffective, which I suspected would happen. Hill had one of his worst games ever for TCU. The 3 holding calls against our center was ugly, though one of them really shouldn't have been called. Our starting center is out another 4-5 weeks, so that's just something we will have to deal with. I don't think there were any game changing calls by the officials. They did a pretty solid job. The defense played well enough to win the game (held ISU to 40 yards in the 2nd half), but the offense just didn't get the job done. ISU played well enough to win the game and deserve all of the credit for that.

Congrats to your team and your fanbase on a job well done. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to play each other again before the season's done.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
TCU is well coached and has a great defense, really did a great job of neutralizing our tall athletic receivers in the second half. Shocked at how well our defense has played. The red zone turnovers for TCU absolutely were the difference. Concerned about Kempt's limitations, but his positives have far exceeded his shortfalls thus far.

• Agree
Reactions: whitehispanicfrog