Kim Mulkey

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I could "dumb" your comment as you did mine, but that's a classless thing to do.

Just as classless as dragging in dirt about a person's family and smearing it across something that calls itself a newspaper.

Barf.
Again, a good portion of the material in that article was from previously published materials. It's not like it was new or not known to those who follow women's college basketball.

The article was a really a dud.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
"obnoxious"? You goddammed betcha.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The Los Angeles Times has edited a column it published last week about the LSU women’s basketball team ahead of its game against UCLA following criticism from Tigers coach Kim Mulkey, who blasted it as sexist and hurtful.

Mulkey defended her players after they were referred to as “villains” and “dirty debutantes” in a piece first published Friday that likened the Sweet 16 game between LSU and UCLA as a battle of good versus evil.

“How dare people attack kids like that?” she said Saturday. “You don’t have to like the way we play. You don’t have to like the way we trash talk. You don’t have to like any of that. We’re good with that. But I can’t sit up here as a mother and a grandmother and a leader of young people and allow somebody to say that.”

The Times removed those references late Saturday as well as one comparing UCLA’s team to “milk and cookies” and republished the column with a note that said: “A previous version of this commentary did not meet Times editorial standards. It has been updated.”

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The Los Angeles Times has edited a column it published last week about the LSU women’s basketball team ahead of its game against UCLA following criticism from Tigers coach Kim Mulkey, who blasted it as sexist and hurtful.

Mulkey defended her players after they were referred to as “villains” and “dirty debutantes” in a piece first published Friday that likened the Sweet 16 game between LSU and UCLA as a battle of good versus evil.

“How dare people attack kids like that?” she said Saturday. “You don’t have to like the way we play. You don’t have to like the way we trash talk. You don’t have to like any of that. We’re good with that. But I can’t sit up here as a mother and a grandmother and a leader of young people and allow somebody to say that.”

The Times removed those references late Saturday as well as one comparing UCLA’s team to “milk and cookies” and republished the column with a note that said: “A previous version of this commentary did not meet Times editorial standards. It has been updated.”
Methinks you are a bit confused as to which Times story people are referring to with their comments

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Don't look "dirty debutantes" up and hit the images tab.

Or do it.

Your world.

• Funny
Reactions: 0u812 and NWICY

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
Mulkey is a sorceress. Look what she did this week:

1. Waged lawfare to drum up advanced media hype for an East Coast puff piece.

2. Waged wokefare to drum up west coast hype against the LA Times prior to her national title opponent rematch.

3. Dressed as Leprechaun to distract everyone from the fact that LSU isn't very good this year.

And we all fell for it. I swear that woman is Brer Rabbit and doggone if we don't keep throwin' her in that thar briar patch.

She missed her calling as a 1980s WWF heel manager.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
ESPN did a 30 for 30 portraying those young innocents at South Beach and South Bend as "Criminals vs. Catholics" and I never heard one reporter apologize for stereotyping, crossing lines, discriminating, etc.

Mulkey's a maestro. She knew her little Angel wasn't big enough to carry her through to the title this year, so she paved an exit path for the "rematch" game. Coached the hell out of her team too - they didn't have any attitude or fire or antagonism at all. Mulkey didn't even get a T when Reese fouled out. This was not exactly a planned loss, but no way Mulkey gins up this much empty press and hoopla if she thinks she has a good shot of winning tonight. Tonight was about Mulkey recruiting for next year's team - on both coasts - around Angel and one of the most lucrative NIL athletic programs with the empress of NIL and hype AND winning at the head of it.

Last edited:

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
It was amazing hearing Angel Reese’s teamates speak up for her after the game against all the hate and death threats she’s been receiving, then it also dawned on me that we haven’t heard a peep about it from her head coach. Mulkey doesn’t defend her players. Instead she spends weeks blasting a newspaper article she hasn’t even read because she is scared it’s a hit piece about her. That not leadership. Or respecting your players.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It was amazing hearing Angel Reese’s teamates speak up for her after the game against all the hate and death threats she’s been receiving, then it also dawned on me that we haven’t heard a peep about it from her head coach. Mulkey doesn’t defend her players. Instead she spends weeks blasting a newspaper article she hasn’t even read because she is scared it’s a hit piece about her. That not leadership. Or respecting your players.

In this NIL era we are going to see some college players totally spiral when they collide with fame and $. It looked at the beginning of the year like that might be Angle Reese this year but she somehow got back on track and even though they lost you can hardly put any blame on 17 points and 20 rebounds while playing through a minor injury.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I can see her on the front porch with a coffee in one hand and a cigarette in the other watching the grandkids play in the yard.
Along with missing a few teeth. Wonder if she gets her makeup by the quart or gallon and does she brush or roll it on?

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Along with missing a few teeth. Wonder if she gets her makeup by the quart or gallon and does she brush or roll it on?
aln-rzKKL4CvG6ooJ1f2hKF9Edc=.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
These comments are disgusting. Support strong women!

Wow.... and what the hell is she wearing? Is that a denim moo moo or something? She looks straight out of the trailer park.