Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A quick Google search shows Miles had off the field problems at Iowa. Discredited
Stop. This man's account is no different than anyone else's. He has every right to express his opinion on the situation.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Stop. This man's account is no different than anyone else's. He has every right to express his opinion on the situation.
He agrees with that. It was a not-so-subtle jab at squawk posters on here who discredit every account of racial bias or mistreatment by any player who didn't start, have an unblemished record off the court and/or finish their career at iowa.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol of course he likes Kirk then. Either way he's not credible
His views on the situation are not flawed and they are credible. His views provide an insight as to how the Iowa program got into its current predicament. A lot of former players during that time have come out and expressed only positivity towards Coach Ferentz. So why were there 70+ players from 2013 and on expressing extremely negative views? Something obviously happened.

However, no one should be using this man's experience, as well as anyone else that had a positive experience, as a way to diminish or undercut the experiences of those who came out this summer and are still coming out.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I think we are going to see a lot more of this.

Of course we will.

But what's the point? Does Iowa hope that it can show only 20% of their athletes had their rights violated? Is that the Hok standard - as long as more athletes had a good (acceptable, tolerable) experience, we don't care about the other athletes bad experiences?

Wait - this image just in from Iowa City -
Weston-Pass-Fire-_2HR4767.jpg

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Also where is all this stuff coming from that Wadley was begging Iowa to offer his brother? I haven't seen that anywhere

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Of course we will.

But what's the point? Does Iowa hope that it can show only 20% of their athletes had their rights violated? Is that the Hok standard - as long as more athletes had a good (acceptable, tolerable) experience, we don't care about the other athletes bad experiences?

Wait - this image just in from Iowa City -
View attachment 76779
I'm not defending but what "rights" do you speak of? I've kind of always been more of the opinion that Doyle is a **** and everyone knows it, including Ferentz. I know for a fact he treated players of all races like ****. It was his old drill sergeant mentality that it will make players mentally tougher. I think that's what Miles is trying to say. Has this behavior gotten worst in the last maybe 8-10 years...maybe. Has society softened so that now any form of discipline results in a victim mentality...I think there is some of that. It's happening in schools, corporate settings, etc. I'm ready to move on from the Ferentz's but I do want to hear from more athletes and the coaches about their experiences. I know a handful of African American Iowa football players from years past, and they all absolutely loved their time in Iowa City. They go back any chance they get. Doyle is not the same **** to them after graduation that he was while they were in school.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I'm not defending but what "rights" do you speak of? I've kind of always been more of the opinion that Doyle is a **** and everyone knows it, including Ferentz. I know for a fact he treated players of all races like ****. It was his old drill sergeant mentality that it will make players mentally tougher. I think that's what Miles is trying to say. Has this behavior gotten worst in the last maybe 8-10 years...maybe. Has society softened so that now any form of discipline results in a victim mentality...I think there is some of that. It's happening in schools, corporate settings, etc. I'm ready to move on from the Ferentz's but I do want to hear from more athletes and the coaches about their experiences. I know a handful of African American Iowa football players from years past, and they all absolutely loved their time in Iowa City. They go back any chance they get. Doyle is not the same **** to them after graduation that he was while they were in school.

I'll ask again - is it just a question of more athletes support the program than feel they were damaged by the program? You seem to be making that case.

The right I speak of is the right to attend the University of Iowa (including participation of athletics) without harassment or having your performance judged based on being in a protected class.

Status
Not open for further replies.