Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
When did Norm Parker and Reece Morgan complete their tenures? Perhaps they helped keep others' personal feelings and attitudes in check.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Are there ISU fans that really want Kirk Ferentz to be fired or resign at this point? He is a disaster for their program going forward.

I have thought that way but this entire episode may debilitate Hok Football for some time to come (See kNu - to be clear, kNu went from national power to mediocre, Iowa would go from Yawn to Bigger Yawn).

I think after a season of this crap, it might be quite entertaining to watch ToE search for a new coach.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think we are going to see a lot more of this.

This lawsuit won't be based on things any former player says, Kirk's reputation and character aren't the topic here. It's going to be the report that says he oversaw a program that racially discriminated against black players. These type of things should have come out months ago, during the review, at this point, they have no impact on the lawsuit, as it is centered around the findings of the review. A review that says the football program did exactly what these players are suing for. It's weird that Hawk fans (not you necessarily) think that report was a positive for the program. It found discrimination, UofI chose not to act on the findings of the report, they didn't dispute them, they just didn't take any further action based on it. This lawsuit is more about the university's response to the damning report than who Kirk is as a human. No need to defend him anymore.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Didn't the Iowa football staff get across the board 12-14 % raises this fall?? Again, not a good look when you are cutting other sports.
Yes, they are. $5.27 million raises to the assistant coaches, which is $575,000 more than the assistants received last year.

I have no idea how things are going financially for Iowa's football program or their athletics, but it can't be good and man that's not really the best look when athletics had to cut multiple programs due to COVID. That's not all either, Brian Ferentz ended up getting a $75,000 raise as well. That looks awful considering Brian was a main focal point in the internal report done this summer and is going to be part of the $20 million lawsuit.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Wait.....Now the independent review is legitimate? I could have sworn I read about 30 pages about how it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.
Well you're missing the point.

The independent review (along with the previous internal review) admit to systemic racial bias and treatment that was altered based on race. The farce of the independent review was that while admitting to all the issues, it's "conclusion" was to hold no one accountable and the separate personnel specific files were buried.

That was the goal all along... 1. Admit there was an issue (while avoiding admitting to specific accounts), 2. Scapegoat Doyle, 3. Paint Kirk as the solution (Even though he is at the very least part of the problem!), 4. Hide specific personnel issues

The consequence of the report, while delivering the initial goal, was that it opened the door for this type of lawsuit if players pursued it and that's where we are. I think many anticipated this as soon as the report came out.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes, they are. $5.27 million raises to the assistant coaches, which is $575,000 more than the assistants received last year.

I have no idea how things are going financially for Iowa's football program or their athletics, but it can't be good and man that's not really the best look when athletics had to cut multiple programs due to COVID. That's not all either, Brian Ferentz ended up getting a $75,000 raise as well. That looks awful considering Brian was a main focal point in the internal report done this summer and is going to be part of the $20 million lawsuit.

Jesus, that is a really bad look.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Well you're missing the point.

The independent review (along with the previous internal review) admit to systemic racial bias and treatment that was altered based on race. The farce of the independent review was that while admitting to all the issues, it's "conclusion" was to hold no one accountable and the separate personnel specific files were buried.

That was the goal all along... 1. Admit there was an issue (while avoiding admitting to specific accounts), 2. Scapegoat Doyle, 3. Paint Kirk as the solution (Even though he is at the very least part of the problem!), 4. Hide specific personnel issues

The consequence of the report, while delivering the initial goal, was that it opened the door for this type of lawsuit if players pursued it and that's where we are. I think many anticipated this as soon as the report came out.
So in your eyes this is directly related to the report not doing enough, or possibly lying/withholding evidence?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Doyle believes he's innocent and is very upset that he was not retained
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron