Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
1. When this dust settles and payments are made or settled, will that be the end? Or is this just the start and the lawyer goes and gets another 8-9 players to start the process over again? I said this whenever it started, KF should step down and preserve what’s left of his legacy and program.

2. What new president is going to want to step into this pile of crap? I can’t believe Barta will survive this if payments are made.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How do you know that? My sources disagree
Doyle would not have been fired for being an a**hole. He was the highest paid S&C coach in the entire country. There's not a chance in hell Iowa would fire him for running a military style weight room.

Doyle was fired because there were multiple accusations of him not only treating black players differently, but for also making racially insensitive comments towards them. Does that mean he wasn't also bad towards white players? No.

He was also fired because Iowa (particularly Kirk Ferentz), believed Doyle was the perfect fall guy for the situation and all of the other accusations made of the other coaches would be umbrella'd under him. Fire Doyle = problem solved. That's what Kirk and Barta believed, and that's now coming back to bite Iowa in the a**.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'll ask again - is it just a question of more athletes support the program than feel they were damaged by the program? You seem to be making that case.

The right I speak of is the right to attend the University of Iowa (including participation of athletics) without harassment or having your performance judged based on being in a protected class.
There was literally a saying within the Iowa Football program mentioned by former players and staff that was quoted within the interview process by Husch-Blackwell.. "If you make it through the Iowa Football program as a Black player, then you can do anything."

That is absolutely despicable that that was an actual saying people within the program used, staff included. It's embarrassing.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm not defending but what "rights" do you speak of? I've kind of always been more of the opinion that Doyle is a **** and everyone knows it, including Ferentz. I know for a fact he treated players of all races like ****. It was his old drill sergeant mentality that it will make players mentally tougher. I think that's what Miles is trying to say. Has this behavior gotten worst in the last maybe 8-10 years...maybe. Has society softened so that now any form of discipline results in a victim mentality...I think there is some of that. It's happening in schools, corporate settings, etc. I'm ready to move on from the Ferentz's but I do want to hear from more athletes and the coaches about their experiences. I know a handful of African American Iowa football players from years past, and they all absolutely loved their time in Iowa City. They go back any chance they get. Doyle is not the same **** to them after graduation that he was while they were in school.

This would all be fine and dandy if the issues stopped and started with Doyle. Hint: they don't...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
1. When this dust settles and payments are made or settled, will that be the end? Or is this just the start and the lawyer goes and gets another 8-9 players to start the process over again? I said this whenever it started, KF should step down and preserve what’s left of his legacy and program.

2. What new president is going to want to step into this pile of crap? I can’t believe Barta will survive this if payments are made.

If payments need to be made there is no way you can retain Kirk.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Are there ISU fans that really want Kirk Ferentz to be fired or resign at this point? He is a disaster for their program going forward.
Actually, yes. This goes beyond any rivalry. It is first and foremost terrible what has been going on to AA athletes there and there needs to be accountability for those affected athletes. Second it is a black eye for the entire state for them to keep him. I don't live there anymore but it is widely known I was born, raised and educated in Iowa so this reflects on me as well. It would send a better message about the state if he is gone - fired, not allowed to gracefully retire at season's end.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Actually, yes. This goes beyond any rivalry. It is first and foremost terrible what has been going on to AA athletes there and there needs to be accountability for those affected athletes. Second it is a black eye for the entire state for them to keep him. I don't live there anymore but it is widely known I was born, raised and educated in Iowa so this reflects on me as well. It would send a better message about the state if he is gone - fired, not allowed to gracefully retire at season's end.

I submit that it's better to crush that program into dust. Look at Penn St. Nothing has changed as far as the brainwashed indoctrination that comes with being a Penn St fan is concerned.

• Agree
Reactions: irish and motorcy90

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Well my sources are an internal investigation and an independent review. They say your sources are full of ****.
This is why I want the law suit to move forward. There are plenty of people that say it wasn't racially motivated behavior by Doyle. Inuding his African American assistant coach of 15 years. I would like to hear from Doyle. He denies all of the allegations.

• Agree
Reactions: 1776

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is why I want the law suit to move forward. There are plenty of people that say it wasn't racially motivated behavior by Doyle. Inuding his African American assistant coach of 15 years. I would like to hear from Doyle. He denies all of the allegations.
There is a lot of holding the company line going on even after the guy at the center of it was paid a hell of a lot of money to go away and keep his mouth shut. I'm not very confident that everything that should be said is being said. If the S&C coach opens his mouth and admits that it went on and Kirk knew about it he is almost definitely looking for a new job - either because he is "no longer needed" by the current coaching staff or there is a new coaching staff. And he will be having to answer a lot of questions in his next job interview as to why he saw this was going on for years and did nothing about it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Of course he denies the allegations lol. However if all of it were untrue, Iowa wouldn't have fired him right?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Doyle believes he's innocent and is very upset that he was not retained

Status
Not open for further replies.