KRNT Reuniting Marty & Miller

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Murph just confirmed.

Ken is gone. Best of luck to him. I really like Ken Miller or at least things he's interested in talking about.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Must have been a good offer for Ken. His goal was to go 10 more years and retire. He is out and about around Ankeny sporting KXNO stuff all the time.

My guess is he was fed up with how long it took them to give him a partner and when something else came up he went for it.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Jon Miller flamed-out and is a junkie down in KC or something. Lives beneath a MO-river bridge and babbles about Jim Zabel all day. Really sad.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Jon Miller flamed-out and is a junkie down in KC or something. Lives beneath a MO-river bridge and babbles about Jim Zabel all day. Really sad.

It all went downhill from the "What would Iowa finish with ISU's football schedule" Podcast.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
KRNT has been around for years. That was the radio affiliate for the Chicago Cubs as long as I can remember. Otherwise it was adult listening/oldies.

Wonder if losing the WGN radio contract with the Cubs - moving over to CBS is part of this. That had to be one of their better advertising/revenue streams.

Not a bad signal - not great.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I feel bad for Heather Burnside. She has a natural talent for that job.

I liked what I heard when I listened this week. I would assume that they'll keep her, and hopefully pair her with someone good. Maybe someone younger, give the new show a little different energy than what Marty & Miller will be doing?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I hope they are paying a lot because Marty is in some serious financial trouble.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I actually enjoyed them so far. Oh well....say what you want about Marty, but he makes for listening radio.

Marty is not my style. But if people like more of a shock jock and throws **** against a wall to see what sticks, then I guess you could consider him entertaining. To each his own, right? :)

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I liked what I heard when I listened this week. I would assume that they'll keep her, and hopefully pair her with someone good. Maybe someone younger, give the new show a little different energy than what Marty & Miller will be doing?

I hope they keep her too. Its nice to have a true cyclone on the air. Maybe Andrew Downs? Who knows.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
How long before Deace and Miiler are back?
Hopefully never. Deace very good. Miller really bad. Any conversation had to have an iowa hawkeye reference of some sort. Also just flat out stole many of Deace's thoughts.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
My guess is he was fed up with how long it took them to give him a partner and when something else came up he went for it.

A change this abrupt suggests that he wasn't happy with KXNO pairing him with Heather. Perhaps he lobbied for them to hire Marty to join him and KXNO refused, so he's jumping to a station that will give him the guy he wants to work with.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Actually his wife has a medical condition that makes it really hard for her to live in a colder climate. They moved to Tulsa. I credit him for making the decision for his family.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I hope they keep her too. Its nice to have a true cyclone on the air. Maybe Andrew Downs? Who knows.

I don't mind Andrew Downs but he is far from a Cyclone fan. He's a step away from Jon Sears on the Unabashed Hawkeye Scale.