KRNT Reuniting Marty & Miller

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Marty is not my style. But if people like more of a shock jock and throws **** against a wall to see what sticks, then I guess you could consider him entertaining. To each his own, right? :)

Exactly why I like him. He would always throw crap against the wall and the the listeners would just unload on him...I remember him just being dead set on Lazard to Notre Dame...ahh good times.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I don't mind Andrew Downs but he is far from a Cyclone fan. He's a step away from Jon Sears on the Unabashed Hawkeye Scale.

Heather is a cyclone fan. He's suggesting they pair her with Andrew as the Hawkeye voice on the show. I'd listen to that show.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
1350 is KRNT, 1700 was ESPN now CBS radio which had Marty on it in the afternoons for a while. I like Ken and I have never liked Heather so I am glad I wont have to tough it out with her on there. Now bring back Miller and Deace, it can be done from afar like the Morning Rush-Travis isn't in DSM.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Heather and Ken were never going to work IMO. Heather, while knowledgeable in sports topics, has too much morning drive time in her. Ken is usually a pretty serious guy and a few of the conversations I heard over the air the past two days were awkward. For Heather to work she needs to be paired up with somebody less serious. AD would fit that mold.

As for Ken, he better be hitting the jackpot on his paycheck to up and quit his job without notice in the middle of the week. If the KRNT/Marty experiment fails there is no way Harden hires him back after that.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
KRNT has been around for years. That was the radio affiliate for the Chicago Cubs as long as I can remember. Otherwise it was adult listening/oldies.

Wonder if losing the WGN radio contract with the Cubs - moving over to CBS is part of this. That had to be one of their better advertising/revenue streams.

Not a bad signal - not great.

They used to broadcast ISU games up until the around the late 90's.

ken

Dec 28, 2008
Marty is one of the most annoying radio people around. Couple that with the questionable business dealings reported last year, and there's no way I listen. Too bad, enjoyed Miller for most part.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Exactly why I like him. He would always throw crap against the wall and the the listeners would just unload on him...I remember him just being dead set on Lazard to Notre Dame...ahh good times.

Well... only because his dentist said so.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I'm not giving up on Heather by any stretch...

But I was stuck in traffic there on Monday, so I got to listen to the entire first hour of the first show (didn't know she worked at ESPN)

But not 10 minutes in, she did that "heather's rant" or whatever - with that drawn out story about a sister (iowa fans) dating a new guy (Ferentz), blah, blah blah. Went on for 5 minutes. :swoon:

Sounded like Ken saw the end coming right there.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Good luck to him. Each time he has been with Marty it has ended badly. I am shocked his KXNO contract allows him to do this.

Deace isn't coming back. HIs national show is on another group of stations in DSM.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Marty is one of the most annoying radio people around. Couple that with the questionable business dealings reported last year, and there's no way I listen. Too bad, enjoyed Miller for most part.

Subtle Mr. Miller...but I would have picked a different name than Ken on here. I read between the lines

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
1350 is KRNT, 1700 was ESPN now CBS radio which had Marty on it in the afternoons for a while. I like Ken and I have never liked Heather so I am glad I wont have to tough it out with her on there. Now bring back Miller and Deace, it can be done from afar like the Morning Rush-Travis isn't in DSM.

You have terrible taste.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I'm not giving up on Heather by any stretch...

But I was stuck in traffic there on Monday, so I got to listen to the entire first hour of the first show (didn't know she worked at ESPN)

But not 10 minutes in, she did that "heather's rant" or whatever - with that drawn out story about a sister (iowa fans) dating a new guy (Ferentz), blah, blah blah. Went on for 5 minutes. :swoon:

Sounded like Ken saw the end coming right there.

I heard the same thing. I could almost hear Ken sighing into the mic.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

This.

I don't know Heather or anything about her so I have nothing against her personally but I don't have much interest in listening to a show with her on it.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014

I cracked up when she sort of asked him if she could do it. It was nearly a radio "get off my lawn" moment. He knew what it was, and wasn't happy about it.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Ken seems old school = girls don't do sports talk radio. Also seems he wasn't involved in the process to find his new partner, so that could have rubbed him the wrong way.

People need to give up on Deace coming back to sports talk anytime soon. Just ask Donald Trump...

[h=1]Political Talker Steve Deace Signs On With USA Radio Networks For Daily Show[/h][h=6]December 18, 2014 at 7:08 AM (PT)[/h]
Nationally syndicated radio host STEVE DEACE has signed on with USA RADIO NETWORKS for a show spotlighting his talents as a conservative political columnist, commentator and author.

"STEVE DEACE is one of the rising stars in conservative media," says DONALD TRUMP.

"THE STEVE DEACE SHOW" is currently heard on 44 radio stations from 9p-12mid (ET), MONDAY-FRIDAY. Beginning JANUARY 20th, the program will broadcast live from 3p-6p MONDAY-FRIDAY on both the XDS PRO4 and UNITY 4000 platforms

Read more: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...eve-deace-signs-on-with-usa-rad#ixzz3OAsW5BIh
Follow us: @allaccess on Twitter | all.access on Facebook

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
So KXNO is Fox - and over on Grand in DSM
KRNT is going to ESPN and where ???
1700 is ESPN going to CBS and where?

Little excited for the KRNT switch. Always got Cubs games pretty well. Better than KXNO actually. Isn't 1700 out of Indianola or something?