Latest Info Regarding Chizik

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Do you just not count him because he's been successful?

Bingo. This evidence doesn't support his argument, so why display it?

I still don't think Chizik's hire was a failure. Pollard got a sought-after candidate, and now another school with better tradition wants him. NOT a failure.

Reactions: Angie

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested - how can you not count Sanderson? He's a head coach, JP fired another coach and hired him. Do you just not count him because he's been successful?

Didnt he hire the VB coach as well. The softball coach too? Cross country and track as well? McD had other options, it just isnt working out at ISU yet for some reason. Chizik was the hot name when he was hired, how was Pollared to know his dream job would be open after Chizik's 2nd year.

Reactions: Angie

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
It's a conference we could compete in. Not every year, but every 3rd or 4th.

Luckily, no one in America knows we exist, so we're not the laughingstock of college athletics right now.

As far as Pollard goes, he's hired 2 coaches so far. I would consider both failures.

(I don't count Sanderson, but you can if you like).

I consider all posts on this board to be the most intelligent thoughts on the planet. (I don't count yours, but you can if you like) :jimlad:

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested - how can you not count Sanderson? He's a head coach, JP fired another coach and hired him. Do you just not count him because he's been successful?

My mother would've hired him. It was a no-brainer that required absolutely no thought as was him accepting the job.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Didnt he hire the VB coach as well. The softball coach too? Cross country and track as well? McD had other options, it just isnt working out at ISU yet for some reason. Chizik was the hot name when he was hired, how was Pollared to know his dream job would be open after Chizik's 2nd year.

I don't know if he hired Christy Johnson, but I'm pretty sure he hired Corey Ihmels for track and cross country..and he's such a crappy coach he put an athlete in the Olympic Trials :skeptical:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Competitive.

Why would it be different than now. We wouldnt get the qaulity of players we have now. Heck the quality of coaches wouldnt be as good. If you take a step back in conferences EVERYTHING takes a step back. Its just ******* stupid to leave a BCS conference for a non BCS conference.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I think we should just start playing our team against high school competition, at least we'd win a lot of championships.

If you think JP is bad, you'd be an absolute disaster as an AD.

We won't win a Big 12 Championship in your lifetime or the lifetime of anyone on this board.

It's not like we'd dominate the MAC, we'd have to improve to compete, but it would be possible. We'll never compete in the Big12 or against the South. Ever.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My mother would've hired him. It was a no-brainer that required absolutely no thought as was him accepting the job.

I would agree if it hadn't required we fire a coach who was doing an adequate job, and if there weren't the Gable precedent.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
Why would it be different than now. We wouldnt get the qaulity of players we have now. Heck the quality of coaches wouldnt be as good. If you take a step back in conferences EVERYTHING takes a step back. Its just ******* stupid to leave a BCS conference for a non BCS conference.

Even when you have no chance of ever winning?

Our players are generally not BCS school quality now. I can't see that dropping too much, if any. We beat out UTEP for a player yesterday. This is the norm for who we battle against for recruits.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I would agree if it hadn't required we fire a coach who was doing an adequate job, and if there weren't the Gable precedent.

If I'm remembering correctly, the coach that was doing an adequate job, as you call it, never even won the Big 12.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If I'm remembering correctly, the coach that was doing an adequate job, as you call it, never even won the Big 12.

No, but he brought in an athlete who went on to become an Olympic champ.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Even when you have no chance of ever winning?

Our players are generally not BCS school quality now. I can't see that dropping too much, if any. We beat out UTEP for a player yesterday. This is the norm for who we battle against for recruits.

What makes you think you can win in the MAC? IF YOU TAKE A STEP BACK IN CONFERENCES YOU TAKE A STEP BACK IN EVERYTHING. Quality of players being number 1. Bad BCS school or average at best MAC team what would you chose?

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
We won't win a Big 12 Championship in your lifetime or the lifetime of anyone on this board.

It's not like we'd dominate the MAC, we'd have to improve to compete, but it would be possible. We'll never compete in the Big12 or against the South. Ever.

HOW does going to a lesser conference help us? My point was that you'd rather win regardless of who we played? It's like failing out of college so that you can go to high school again and earn a second diploma. It's not just irrational, it's redundant. Why don't we just drop out of the Big 12 and become and independent, that way we can schedule teams like Sunshine University for the entire season. We'd be undefeated, but who cares, we beat a bunch of stoned hippies at a game of football!

I'd rather have the tougher competition and lose, than to have the easier competition and win. Winning against MAC teams don't generate excitement, winning against Big 12 teams do.

And why do people like you continue to act like the only sport we play is football?