Latest Info Regarding Chizik

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
What makes you think you can win in the MAC? IF YOU TAKE A STEP BACK IN CONFERENCES YOU TAKE A STEP BACK IN EVERYTHING. Quality of players being number 1. Bad BCS school or average at best MAC team what would you chose?

We could win the MAC on occasion. We will never win the Big 12. Never.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather have the tougher competition and lose, than to have the easier competition and win. Winning against MAC teams don't generate excitement, winning against Big 12 teams do.

Were you excited this year? How about last year?

I saw the MAC on ESPN many times this year, and their fans seemed pretty damned excited.

More so than ours, for sure.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006

I saw the MAC on ESPN many times this year, and their fans seemed pretty damned excited.

You saw them on Tuesday nights play in front of 20k screaming fans. Sounds great.:jimlad:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

The 10,000 fans that were there. Only the good teams get on TV in the MAC. ISU was the worse team in the Big 12 and 10 games were on TV. Being on TV means money to the school.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

No, I wasn't excited. There have been times when I was excited in the past, but no one can say the past 2-3 years have been enjoyable.

Oooh, how about basketball? We lost to Texas last year, but it was exciting just being there and seeing our team compete and have a chance to pull the upset. Kansas too, in the previous year. What about 2004-05? That was a great year, even though we got squashed by the eventual national champs in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

Didn't we also come that close to winning a national title somewhere at the beginning of the millennium?

Like I said before, there are more sports than football. Without being in the Big 12, we would have never won Big 12 titles in basketball. We would have never come within a breath of playing for the national title.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Is it just me or am I the only one who would rather have a 3 win season in the hardest conference in the country than a 7 win season in a non BCS conference.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
Is it just me or am I the only one who would rather have a 3 win season in the hardest conference in the country than a 7 win season in a non BCS conference.

Are any of those 3 wins coming in conference?

Plus, I don't think the SEC is gonna let us in.

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
I was thinking of Jim Myers, one year and gone, sort of like GC. but I believe it was in the 50's, and am pretty sure the coach that followed him was Clay Stapleton, who ended up having some of the best teams in school history, including the Dirty 30. Since it looks like he's gone, I hope that part of history repeats itself.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think we will end up ok, but this hire is important. Chizik did bring in some talent and if they stay, we could be fine.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Bingo. This evidence doesn't support his argument, so why display it?

I still don't think Chizik's hire was a failure. Pollard got a sought-after candidate, and now another school with better tradition wants him. NOT a failure.

Good job. You're on a good roll the last couple of days.

Now, back to making sure you never find that mountain goat.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Iowa State
Old coach: Gene Chizik. Hired at Auburn Dec. 13.
Candidates: Former Colorado coach Gary Barnett, Iowa wide receiver coach Erik Campbell, former Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione, Grand Valley State (Mich.) coach Chuck Martin, Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, Oklahoma offensive line coach James Patton.
The buzz: Chizik has been the coach of the Cyclones the last two years, compiling a 5-19 record. Iowa State finished 2-10 (0-8 in the Big 12) in 2008. Complete coverage

None of these guys get me excited, especially Barnett. He and Franchione would not get a sniff from JP because of their off field shenanigans.