LaVar Ball - "slow white guys" kept UCLA from title

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If you didn't know the connection and watched only the UK game it's possible you'd think he was referring to his son.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
How do you think Alford is reacting as a father to one of the "slow white guys"? His son Bryce scored 13 points that game - 3 more than Lonzo

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Jesus. Can you imagine the mess if this was reversed and a white father said this about his son's black teammates.

UCLA should pull the Ball scholarship for next year and see what school his next kid ends up at. Tough to get that billion dollar deal when your kid is playing at UC Irvine

Reactions: isutrevman

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'll bet you right now that Leaf, one of those "slow white guys", has a better NBA career than Ball.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I just love he went the "slow" route when Fox made Ball look like he was stuck in mud the whole game. His boy got exposed.

Even if his Dad wasn't an ***hole, Ball would still be the 5th PG I take behind Fultz, Fox, Smith Jr. and, of course, Monte (ok, maybe not really Monte, but I couldn't leave him out...).

Reactions: Doc

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think dad is setting the kids up to be viewed as flops even if they end up having decent pro careers. Lamelo (sp?) has a ways to go before being NBA ready physically and I assume they'll all try to be one and done and the 2020 NBA season is just 3 years away. Not saying he can't bulk up, but I'm highly skeptical of his 160 lbs listing. Looks more like 135-140.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
His slow footed black son got worked to the tune of 39 points by Fox. And on offense? Ball had 10 points in 38 minutes while his slow footed white teammates Leaf (17) and Alford (13) both outscored him and Welsh finished just one point behind him in 20 less minutes played (18).

Interesting to see if anyone passes on Ball in the draft and VERY interesting to see how his white teammates on his NBA team treat him.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
UCLA might do themselves well by cutting ties with the two younger ones. Let Calipari deal with this POS.

I personally enjoy the fact the Alford has went all in on the Ball Family. That dirt bag deserves to deal with it and I hope it blows up on him.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I used to think that most of what he said was for show and meant to take focus off his son so he could focus on just playing basketball. Calling out his son's teammates in that fashion is deplorable.

From the limited amount of coverage I've watched of Lonzo, he seems like a talented and reserved kid. It would be interesting to know what he truly thinks of his dad's crap. I'm sure his dad has been this way towards him his whole life. He probably feels obligated to him to some degree, but I can't imagine he's not tired of the circus just like the rest of us are.

I normally don't ever wish for friction between a father and son, but personally I'd love to see Lonzo succeed and tell his dad, very publicly, to shut the hell up.

• Agree
Reactions: mdk2isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron