LaVar Ball - "slow white guys" kept UCLA from title

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I honestly think the more he speaks the lower his kid goes in the draft. When comparing talent and you have two kids that are pretty close, yet one kid has issues (His dad). They will take the other kid first. The article most of us read on his dad and the high school coach, the high school coach seems to be relieved that last year is over because of the dad. I am guessing he would not even mind the other two taking a hike and leaving his high school team.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
at some point, one of the kids will say something like this. You can't grow up in a house like this and not end up similarly.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Whatever. I think the way he's exploiting his kids to build his brand is nothing but pathetic. Just a sad, middle aged blowhard. End of story.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
That's racist. I'm tired this "slow and unathletic" characteristic being applied to white athletes and sick of the double standard.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
Why do people care about what he thinks? He's just seeking for attention. It's sad that the media doesn't have anything better to cover than LaVar Ball's hot takes

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We're not doing it here, but comments like that simply add fuel to racism on both sides. Too many times people feel the need to defend their race with racially laced retorts. If the media doesn't ignore him, I hope they focus on the individual versus what he said. His ignorance and stupidity is without color.

Also, if the media doesn't cut him off, we're looking at hearing his same line of crap for several more years. His 15 minutes was horrible and should be done.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
[I honestly think the more he speaks the lower his kid goes in the draft. When comparing talent and you have two kids that are pretty close, yet one kid has issues (His dad). They will take the other kid first. The article most of us read on his dad and the high school coach, the high school coach seems to be relieved that last year is over because of the dad. I am guessing he would not even mind the other two taking a hike and leaving his high school team.

[/QUOTE]

the thing that hits him the most is his shooting motion. While it's fine in college in the pros he won't get end time to shoot it if he does his motion. He will get blocked a lot. Its kinda like the tebow problem.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
[I honestly think the more he speaks the lower his kid goes in the draft. When comparing talent and you have two kids that are pretty close, yet one kid has issues (His dad). They will take the other kid first. The article most of us read on his dad and the high school coach, the high school coach seems to be relieved that last year is over because of the dad. I am guessing he would not even mind the other two taking a hike and leaving his high school team.

the thing that hits him the most is his shooting motion. While it's fine in college in the pros he won't get end time to shoot it if he does his motion. He will get blocked a lot. Its kinda like the tebow problem.[/QUOTE]

This. I don't think teams will give a crap about LaVar Ball one way or another. The question to them is whether or not he can get his shot off against NBA defenders. And if he can't, then can he rebuild his shot? Not like tweaking it, but totally starting over from scratch. I like his game and he's coming along at the perfect time. His passing skills and court vision are well suited to today's game, and he has good size for the position. But I don't know how he'll get that shot off against the bigger, quicker defenders in the league.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
the thing that hits him the most is his shooting motion. While it's fine in college in the pros he won't get end time to shoot it if he does his motion. He will get blocked a lot. Its kinda like the tebow problem.

This. I don't think teams will give a crap about LaVar Ball one way or another. The question to them is whether or not he can get his shot off against NBA defenders. And if he can't, then can he rebuild his shot? Not like tweaking it, but totally starting over from scratch. I like his game and he's coming along at the perfect time. His passing skills and court vision are well suited to today's game, and he has good size for the position. But I don't know how he'll get that shot off against the bigger, quicker defenders in the league.
I watched a video of Wigginton squaring off with LaMelo, Ball's little brother. That kid has an ugly shot but (on a highlight reel) it appears effective.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
C_FW313XsAAi4A5.jpg