Les Miles Done For?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Only one thing....$$$$$$$$$$. KU's sports budget is actually $18M a year more than Iowa States...basically 20% more despite having the same number of men's sports (6) and one more women's sports (11) than Iowa State (6/10). So they can pay for a coach. Oh, and Adidas...
Money is a funny thing. It can be managed in a manner to manipulate the public's perception. For example, where do their facilities rank compared to us? How much of their budget do they re-invest? What is their debt ratio? What is/was their borrowing rate? There's so much more to it than just the budget. And, as we all know, basketball (their cash cow) is one the more dynamic sports: meaning going up and going down is easier than football. It'll be very interesting to see the next few years of Self's rule. A new basketball coach does not necessarily mean continued success. And a reduction in basketball success will have the mob out in force. Leading to a cycle of coaching turnover. It's a much more delicate situation over there than most people think.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Could someone post the gif from Step Brothers where Brennan and Dale say they aren’t no longer step brothers and photoshop Les and Bills’ heads in their place?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
So, since this is a "Mutual agreement" then KU is off the hook for any buy out in Miles' contract?

I guess on the bright side, if Jeff Long does not get fired he will hire the next KU Football coach. I like the prospects of that.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
So, since this is a "Mutual agreement" then KU is off the hook for any buy out in Miles' contract?

I guess on the bright side, if Jeff Long does not get fired he will hire the next KU Football coach. I like the prospects of that.
I'm sure they negotiated a smaller severance to part ways. No way he gets nothing when it's mutually agreed.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
LOLOLOL....so the gist of that release is they parted ways because "we need to win football games?"
Not even a vague mention of the real reason? What a dumpster fire that AD is.

Didn’t t they hire him knowing most of his creepy predator nature? Undoubtedly someone else will hire him too.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Man, this is horrible timing to try and get a new coach and add to that the fact that you know a lot of guys are going to be looking for a new home if they can find one.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Only one thing....$$$$$$$$$$. KU's sports budget is actually $18M a year more than Iowa States...basically 20% more despite having the same number of men's sports (6) and one more women's sports (11) than Iowa State (6/10). So they can pay for a coach. Oh, and Adidas...

I wouldn't put much stock in announced athletic department budgets, the accounting on those is always subjective at best. They have the worst facilities in the league, the shittiest stadium and as of just a few years ago were paying Beaty $800k to be a head coach - less than what ISU pays both Manning and Heacock. No matter what they may say publicly it's fairly clear in reality that they don't have the cash to throw around.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I wouldn't put much stock in announced athletic department budgets, the accounting on those is always subjective at best. They have the worst facilities in the league, the shittiest stadium and as of just a few years ago were paying Beaty $800k to be a head coach - less than what ISU pays both Manning and Heacock. No matter what they may say publicly it's fairly clear in reality that they don't have the cash to throw around.
How many coaches are they paying to not coach at KU now - or did they finally pay some of them off?

• Haha
Reactions: cycloner29

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
How many coaches are they paying to not coach at KU now - or did they finally pay some of them off?

I know they paid Beaty off last year, so maybe just Miles now? I don't know for certain, it's hard to keep up with that cluster ****.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

Incredible. All the $ goes to basketball facilities and buyouts.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
KU football was already a dumpster fire but with Les now gone they are really screwed. Im putting the over/under win total for the next 5 years at 12.5.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Covid year financials make letting Les go even harder. K-State's revenue will be down $25 million reportedly. It will be that or more at Ku.

They need to focus on hiring competence over flash, which hasn't worked with Miles and those who preceded him. Someone like Willie Fritz or Skip Holtz.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

SEAN SNYDER, USC Special Teams COORDINATOR: The son of legendary Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder and former All-American punter at K-State, the 51-year-old Snyder spent his entire 26-year coaching career at his alma mater before he accepted the position as the Trojans’ special teams coordinator a year ago. As with Fritz, such a move would engender instant in-state and in-region credibility.

Reactions: Cycho1

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

SEAN SNYDER, USC Special Teams COORDINATOR: The son of legendary Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder and former All-American punter at K-State, the 51-year-old Snyder spent his entire 26-year coaching career at his alma mater before he accepted the position as the Trojans’ special teams coordinator a year ago. As with Fritz, such a move would engender instant in-state and in-region credibility.

A Snyder in KU colors would be a good storyline.