Les Miles Done For?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
MIles' lawyer says that KU indeed did have all of this info from his LSU days. He claims MIles was suspended only because of the media coverage now - that KU caved.
Good. More ammo to fire AD Long. That doofus has failed at everything he has done at KU so far.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Good. More ammo to fire AD Long. That doofus has failed at everything he has done at KU so far.

Yeah...likely LOTS of folks in the KU community that either pushed for this or whatever now willl turn their attention to "what did we know" (and the lawyers will figure out who owes who money now.)

Also, KU should roll the dice and get Sean Snyder, lol....get him on the cheap, give him a couple years.....would make their rivalry interesting.

Reactions: Cycho1

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Yeah...likely LOTS of folks in the KU community that either pushed for this or whatever now willl turn their attention to "what did we know" (and the lawyers will figure out who owes who money now.)

Also, KU should roll the dice and get Sean Snyder, lol....get him on the cheap, give him a couple years.....would make their rivalry interesting.
Well at least KU would be great at Special Teams then.

Reactions: Cycho1 and CapnCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Someone besides me search and bump his Les Miles takes please. He blocked me for it so if I did it he wouldn't see if but he said he would have Kansas in a bowl game by his second season

• Funny
  • Haha
Reactions: aauummm and Die4Cy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Someone besides me search and bump his Les Miles takes please. He blocked me for it so if I did it he wouldn't see if but he said he would have Kansas in a bowl game by his second season

Oh man, that's right. I completely forgot.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oh man, that's right. I completely forgot.

Feel free to quote these for him

I get that it's fun to bash KU but your statement is simply foolish. KU is 3-7 right now and should be 4-6 if not for a total crash and burn in their first game. You don't think that going from Beaty to Les Miles will get us 2-3 more wins over the next two seasons? Come on. The roster is a disaster right now. I am quite confident that Miles and staff can upgrade the talent enough to win 2-3 more games two seasons from now.
You don't have to be a really good team to make a bowl. KU will get 2 games better in 2 years.
I am not looking for him to field a roster capable of beating Alabama. Just to get to 6-6. If Campbell can recruit well enough to get ISU to be a Top 25 team then Miles can recruit well enough to get Kansas to 6-6.
KU has already landed the former Auburn OC and kept their best recruiting assistant. Kansas now has massive recruiting ties in SEC country. Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama and Georgia. They are also already landing the best in-state recruits now too.

KU will be in a bowl game next year and will be in a good position to land their long term coach when Miles decides he is done 3-5 years from now.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Come home Coach Mangino......someone please tell that wiping his butt with AD towels story again...I love that one.

When he was head coach at KU, he got so big he couldn't sufficiently wipe his a** completely with TP anymore.

The Athletic Department spent something like $5000 on custom plumbing and porcelain to install a bidet that could hold his weight in the locker room.

They begrudgingly agreed to this after multiple complaints from the cleaning staff after they found a bunch of towels that Mangino would put in between his legs and floss his a** with.

I don't claim this to be true, but it did come from someone with ties deep in the KU Athletic Department....

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Keep Les in Kansas, I enjoy their continuing to fail to reach mediocrity. Fire him there is a risk they find a coach that can make the program into a competitor again. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

That's a tough situation. Firing Miles in March at the worst P5 job in America puts you right back at square one or behind it. But if there's one thing the KU Athletics/Adidas scandal showed they know how to do, it's weather a bad PR storm. I'd say 70/30 they keep him right now, but they are waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Reactions: Scott34

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
That's a tough situation. Firing Miles in March at the worst P5 job in America puts you right back at square one or behind it. But if there's one thing the KU Athletics/Adidas scandal showed they know how to do, it's weather a bad PR storm. I'd say 70/30 they keep him right now, but they are waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Even with Miles I think they are so far behind square one they can't even see it. In eight B12 games last season they were out scored 376 - 119. They could improve dramatically next year and still go winless.

Fire him or don't, I doubt it will create much on field change.

• Agree
Reactions: Stewo

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Even with Miles I think they are so far behind square one they can't even see it. In eight B12 games last season they were out scored 376 - 119. They could improve dramatically next year and still go winless.

Fire him or don't, I doubt it will create much on field change.
Everyone knows that if they had the chance to play that Texas game they would have more than made up for that scoring deficit.