• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I don't know if this is really "breaking news" but there is a casting call out looking for extras for Avenger's: Infinity War that runs down the list of everyone that is going to be in the movie:

Thor
Thanos
Star Lord
Bucky Barnes
Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
Gamora
Nebula
Hawkeye
Captain America
Scarlet Witch
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nick Fury
Ant-Man
Wong
Drax
Vision
Black Panther
Hulk
Iron Man

The site I was reading was quick to point out, there is no mention Spider-Man or Mantis (new character in GotG2).

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-might-know-every-superhero-thats-showing-up-in-aveng-1790338816

http://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-cast-captain-marvel-nebula/

Avengers: Infinity War
A new casting call for the movie’s extras also includes an extensive list of the heroes for the moving, adding a few more expected characters. Here’s the long, long list:

Starring in “Avengers: Infinity War” is BAFTA Award nominee Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin as Thanos, Saturn Award Winner Chris Pratt as Star Lord / Peter Quill, Teen Choice Awards nominee Sebastian Stan as Bucky, four-time Golden Globe Award nominee Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow, Academy Award nominee Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, Academy Award winner Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel, ALMA Award winner Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Empire Award winner Karen Gillan as Nebula, two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye, two-time Saturn Award nominee Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America, BAFTA Awards nominee Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet, four-time Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Vin Diesel as Groot, Academy Award nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man, British Independent Film Awards nominee Benedict Wong as Wong, Action on Film Award winner Dave Bautista as Drax, BAFTA Film Award nominee Paul Bettany as Vision, Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuoso Award winner Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther, three-time Academy Award nominee Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / The Hulk, and two-time Academy Award nominee Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man.

While it’s unsurprising that the Guardians, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel are along for the ride—although the Guardians seem to be missing their new member Mantis—most interesting to note is the absence of Spider-Man in the proceedings. Could he be being saved for the follow-up film? Is this a complete list? We’ll have to wait and see. [Screen Rant]

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I don't know if this is really "breaking news" but there is a casting call out looking for extras for Avenger's: Infinity War that runs down the list of everyone that is going to be in the movie:

Thor
Thanos
Star Lord
Bucky Barnes
Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
Gamora
Nebula
Hawkeye
Captain America
Scarlet Witch
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nick Fury
Ant-Man
Wong
Drax
Vision
Black Panther
Hulk
Iron Man

The site I was reading was quick to point out, there is no mention Spider-Man or Mantis (new character in GotG2).

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-might-know-every-superhero-thats-showing-up-in-aveng-1790338816

http://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-cast-captain-marvel-nebula/

Not surprised at all on this one, but I do think it is a great idea. Beings how they've already said that the Captain Marvel solo film will be her origin story, I'd say there is about a 90% chance we only see Captain Carol Danvers as a pilot in Infinity War. I mean, it just makes sense that the military will also be involved to some extent in a full-out battle against our planet. Regardless, I love the idea of getting warmed up to her character a bit as just a small part of a movie before we jump fully in with her. In the end, the general public is getting a bit tired of standard origin stories, so any way to mix things up a bit by getting to know characters some earlier is likely a good thing. A somewhat similar thing has already been done with Spider-Man prior to his upcoming solo adventure.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm wondering if the omission of Spider-Man may be a contract-related thing between Sony and Disney? I'm sure Sony wants people to primarily focus on Spider-Man: Homecoming, rather than look ahead to Infinity War. To have the Avenger's 2.0 lineup in place (Black Panther, Dr Strange and Captain Marvel) but omit Spider-Man from the movie doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm wondering if the omission of Spider-Man may be a contract-related thing between Sony and Disney? I'm sure Sony wants people to primarily focus on Spider-Man: Homecoming, rather than look ahead to Infinity War. To have the Avenger's 2.0 lineup in place (Black Panther, Dr Strange and Captain Marvel) but omit Spider-Man from the movie doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

There has been lots of talk over the past few months that while it is assumed that he'll appear in Infinity War, there still hasn't been anything contractually finished to guarantee that. However, Tom Holland has talked more recently in a way that now should lead people to think something has been finalized. However, still no mention of finalized on him appearing in the MCU front. Regardless, I'd give it about a 5% chance he doesn't appear in Infinity Wars. It just makes too much sense for both Sony and Marvel. Rarely do people come across home-run deals for both sides, but this is one, so just get it done!!!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Blu-Ray.com has an announcement from Disney's UK Branch that Doctor Strange will be released on standard Blu-Ray and 3D Blu-Ray in the UK on March 6. No formal announcement for the US yet, but I would anticipate it to be available for us around Tuesday, March 7.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20464

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Now that 2016 is a wrap, for fun, what is your rankings for most-anticipated 2017 superhero movies? The following is the rundown of your options:

March 3rd: Logan
May 5th: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
June 2nd: Wonder Woman
July 7th: Spider-Man: Homecoming
Nov 3rd: Thor: Ragnarok
November 17th: Justice League

Here is my rankings from most-anticipated to least anticipated:
1. Wonder Woman
2. Spider-Man: Homecoming
3. Justice League
4. Logan
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Thor: Ragnarok
Mine would be
1. Justice League
2. Logan
3. Wonder Woman
4. Spider-Man
5. Guardians
6 Thor
But I have a feeling after seeing them, these rankings will change

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
List of "The Best Superhero Moments of 2016" by Screen Rant:

http://screenrant.com/best-superhero-moments-of-the-year-movies-tv-2016/

Truthfully, I think they are pretty spot on with their inclusions, and even their order of their inclusions. While I do watch all the Arrowverse stuff, I'm always behind a season on all of them due to me waiting until it hits Netflix. Therefore, I'll take their word for it on all the DC TV stuff.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Looks like James Gunn has discussed with Marvel some ideas for a future Moon Knight movie. However, due to his schedule, Gunn just doesn't have time to do it himself apparently.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-to-marvel-about-a-moon-knight-movie#/slide/1

Its too bad. James Gunn heading a Moon Knight movie would be pretty spectacular. I'd also be on board for the longer-time rumor that they will eventually make a Moon Knight Netflix series. Really, I'd be okay with either direction.

Ultimately, I think one of the Marvel sides of the coin is eventually going to delve more into the darker realm of characters like Moon Knight, Blade, and maybe like a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider. I'd tend to lean that the TV side would go that direction, but who knows, maybe the movie side will. This is really the first inkling I've seen that the movie side has at least considered it.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Blu-Ray.com has an announcement from Disney's UK Branch that Doctor Strange will be released on standard Blu-Ray and 3D Blu-Ray in the UK on March 6. No formal announcement for the US yet, but I would anticipate it to be available for us around Tuesday, March 7.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20464

I need to update this post: Doctor Strange will be released on Blu-Ray in the US on February 28. Interestingly, I noticed that one of the Best Buy exclusive editions has Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-Ray, Digital HD as well as a DVD copy - which is weird, because it seemed that Marvel had pretty much gone away from including the DVD with their 3D Blu-Ray packages. Probably not a big deal for most of you, but I found that an odd move to reintroduce that medium back into the package.
169169_medium.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20525

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I need to update this post: Doctor Strange will be released on Blu-Ray in the US on February 28. Interestingly, I noticed that one of the Best Buy exclusive editions has Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-Ray, Digital HD as well as a DVD copy - which is weird, because it seemed that Marvel had pretty much gone away from including the DVD with their 3D Blu-Ray packages. Probably not a big deal for most of you, but I found that an odd move to reintroduce that medium back into the package.
169169_medium.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20525

I could care less about DVDs anymore. I'm much more concerned about when Disney will get with the age and start using 4K blu rays. Pretty much every other studio has started adopting the media, with Disney being the lone straggler. I swear their plan all along has been to be a late adopter in order to get as many releases sold on Blu Ray before they finally are forced to make the switch, so that when they do, many will then buy again in 4K. Ultimately, Disney wants maximize how many times you buy the same movie over and over. To go along with the 4K blu rays, most the digital copies for the other studios are in 4KUHD as well, so the difference doesn't only matter on the disc side, but also the digital side. Personally, I'm a sucker for buying movies, so I buy every superhero or Star Wars movie the day it goes on sale. As of lately, I've already switched to buying all 4K blu rays if possible. Its just too bad Disney (Lucasfilm, Marvel) owns the majority of those movies I'm buying in that regard. I haven't even mentioned I buy a lot of Disney movies for my daughter as well.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I could care less about DVDs anymore. I'm much more concerned about when Disney will get with the age and start using 4K blu rays. Pretty much every other studio has started adopting the media, with Disney being the lone straggler. I swear their plan all along has been to be a late adopter in order to get as many releases sold on Blu Ray before they finally are forced to make the switch, so that when they do, many will then buy again in 4K. Ultimately, Disney wants maximize how many times you buy the same movie over and over. To go along with the 4K blu rays, most the digital copies for the other studios are in 4KUHD as well, so the difference doesn't only matter on the disc side, but also the digital side. Personally, I'm a sucker for buying movies, so I buy every superhero or Star Wars movie the day it goes on sale. As of lately, I've already switched to buying all 4K blu rays if possible. Its just too bad Disney (Lucasfilm, Marvel) owns the majority of those movies I'm buying in that regard. I haven't even mentioned I buy a lot of Disney movies for my daughter as well.

I'm in the same boat - I'm terrible with the Star Wars movies. I own the Blu-Ray boxed set of the 6 Star Wars movies, but I also had a previous boxed set of the original trilogy on DVD, I also bought the original trilogy Special Edition DVDs so I could have the "original theatrical" version (where Han shoots first, no bad CGI of Jabba, etc), and I also have the prequels on DVD as well. Not to mention I have The Force Awakens on Blu-Ray, but I will probably look at getting that 3D Blu-Ray edition that just came out a few months ago. Keep in mind, 2017 will be the 40th anniversary of the original Star Wars so I fully anticipate yet another Blu-Ray/4K release sometime this year.

Now, back to Marvel. I'm still a sucker for the Day 1 Blu-Ray purchase for those movies, but I'm hoping that they are not only working on 4K stand-alone movies, but also 4K boxed sets for the different MCU phases.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

I buy my disney movies on itunes. Disney movies anywhere is a fantastic way to purchase digital versions because your collection is available on most if not all digital distributors so you dont have to buy individual copies on itunes, play, amazon, xbox, vudu etc. Its an awesome deal. When I buy Dr Strange in itunes, my kids can watch it on their android devices or my wife can fire up our amazon account and watch it there. I wish all studios would do this ****. As for 4k, im not overly worried about it at this time. Once the majority of consumers care, it will shift.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I buy my disney movies on itunes. Disney movies anywhere is a fantastic way to purchase digital versions because your collection is available on most if not all digital distributors so you dont have to buy individual copies on itunes, play, amazon, xbox, vudu etc. Its an awesome deal. When I buy Dr Strange in itunes, my kids can watch it on their android devices or my wife can fire up our amazon account and watch it there. I wish all studios would do this ****. As for 4k, im not overly worried about it at this time. Once the majority of consumers care, it will shift.

That comes with the Digital Copy when you buy the discs too. We have 2 AppleTVs at home, one is in the living room and the other is in the kids playroom. Those are great because we can just open up the iTunes movies and there is about 50 movies to pick from between Marvel, Pixar, and Disney animated. I love Disney Movies Anywhere because we buy every single Pixar, MCU, and Disney animated movie so we rack up the points pretty quickly. I was able to redeem my points for 2 movies already (Tarzan and Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-Ray and Digital) and we have enough points to buy at least 2 more.

Reactions: Triggermv and bos

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
That comes with the Digital Copy when you buy the discs too. We have 2 AppleTVs at home, one is in the living room and the other is in the kids playroom. Those are great because we can just open up the iTunes movies and there is about 50 movies to pick from between Marvel, Pixar, and Disney animated. I love Disney Movies Anywhere because we buy every single Pixar, MCU, and Disney animated movie so we rack up the points pretty quickly. I was able to redeem my points for 2 movies already (Tarzan and Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-Ray and Digital) and we have enough points to buy at least 2 more.

We dont buy discs anymore. Our last player died and we decided to just build digitally from this point forward. Plus most of our kids movies are scratched up. You are right with the rewards, we've already cashed in a few times. Funny thing is that you can cash them in for more blu-ray/digital copy combos. I just like how you dont have to buy your dang collection on multiple sources. More studios should get on board with the anywhere program.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
We dont buy discs anymore. Our last player died and we decided to just build digitally from this point forward. Plus most of our kids movies are scratched up. You are right with the rewards, we've already cashed in a few times. Funny thing is that you can cash them in for more blu-ray/digital copy combos. I just like how you dont have to buy your dang collection on multiple sources. More studios should get on board with the anywhere program.

I would like to go digital only, but the cost for the Blu-Ray AND the digital copy is usually the same or maybe $2 more as buying the digital only. If the studios would sell the digital only for like $12.99 for a new release they could kill disc-based media. Video games should do the same thing.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I still buy the disc/digital copy combos since they are pretty much the same price, if not cheaper at times than just buying the digital copy through ITunes or whatever, plus I still like having the disc as well for my shelf. One secret spot to buy "new" for disc/digital combos is Ebay, which is where I can usually find new copies of everything for cheaper than I can buy at any box store or even amazon. This is especially true for older movies. As for the Disney Movies Anywhere app, I concur that it is fantastic and I use it a ton, especially for road trips. I only wish I didn't make the mistake earlier of buying an IPad with not much storage, where I can usually hold only 1 or 2 movies at a time. Still great regardless. And yes, the rewards are great as well. My guess is that I've accumulated 4-5 movies already through the rewards. It helps that my sister and I share an account where we both are compiling movies and sharing.

Lastly, when you guys talk about wishing the other movies studios did the same, they kind of do. The problem is that there is multiple different avenues out there to do it, rather than one simple Disney Movies Anywhere. Of all the different options (Vudu, Flixter, ITunes, Googleplay, CinemaNow), I've found Vudu to be the best and most versatile to watch ALL your movies. Therefore, whenever I redeem a code, I make sure I do it through there. Here are a few of the reason why Vudu is best:

-Accepted by every movie studio
-Only service where your Disney movies all show up as well (link accounts)
-Works on all devices whether Android, Apple... etc. whereas ITunes only works on Apple for instance and Google Play only works on Android
-Only service right now offering viewing in UHD (offered with most 4K blu rays) or even HDX (1080p). Most other services only offer digital viewing in HD (720p) - you can download your movies in any quality-level too (affects storage depending on which one).
-Offers the disc-to-digital option where for $2 each, you can transfer all your old discs into also having a Vudu digital copy. You can do this either by taking discs to Wal-Mart or doing online. (I've done this for my whole collection; Caveat: Can't do this for anything Disney)
-Still offers on most movies all the special features as well

Based on the stuff above, you can see why I prefer Vudu. With each and every other service out there, you will find them lacking in 1 or more of those things. In some ways, Vudu even operates better than the Disney Movies Anywhere app even though I tend to still use Disney Movies Anywhere app for the Disney stuff. The Disney Movies Anywhere app is also an easier one to hand our daughter as it naturally segregates out more of the kids stuff from some of my other less kid-friend movies. Anyway, I'd recommend giving a chance.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
First official plot synopsis for Thor:Ragnarok has been released:

In Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok — the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization — at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger — the Incredible Hulk!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-ragnarok-details-hint-at-dire-times-ahead-for-thor-1790842251

I am absolutely PUMPED for this Thor movie. Why, you ask? Because I just watched "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" a few weeks ago (it's available on Hulu) and that movie was written and directed by Taika Waititi, who is directing Ragnarok. Hunt for the Wilderpeople was awesome - style was really similar to movies by Wes Anderson and Edgar Wright. I think this is film is going to make Thor a fun character again.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
First official plot synopsis for Thor:Ragnarok has been released:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-ragnarok-details-hint-at-dire-times-ahead-for-thor-1790842251

I am absolutely PUMPED for this Thor movie. Why, you ask? Because I just watched "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" a few weeks ago (it's available on Hulu) and that movie was written and directed by Taika Waititi, who will is also directing Ragnarok. Hunt for the Wilderpeople was awesome - style was really similar to movies by Wes Anderson and Edgar Wright. I think this is film is going to make Thor a fun character again.

Loved this movie. So weird and humorous.

• Informative

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron